Advanced THOR - Super files, Working with XML, and Free-form Text Parsing
This course explores the concept of Super Files in ECL and the techniques for working with XML data, getting it into your HPCC systems and defining it to work with other data elements. This flows naturally into the detailed ECL support of Natural Language Parsing – creating pattern-matching definitions and using the PARSE function to extract data from either XML or free-form text.
Course Length: 2 days
Class Prerequisites: Students must have attended the Introduction to ECL and Introduction to Thor Training classes. Students are welcome to bring their own laptops to take away the code and examples from the class.
- SuperFiles and SuperKeys
- Simple XML Spray and Dataset Definition
- Working with XML Data (simple, complex, and nested)
- Complex XML Spraying and De-spraying
- PARSE with XML Data
- Spraying and defining free-form text data
- PARSE with free-form text
Contact Us for more information.