Introduction to ECL - Concepts and Queries
This class is for developers who want to understand the HPCC (High Performance Computer Cluster) system and learn ECL to build powerful data queries. Anyone who needs a basic familiarity with ECL should take this course.
Course Length: 2 days
Class Prerequisites: None. Students are welcome to bring their own laptops to take away the code and examples from the class.
- HPCC Overview (THOR and ROXIE)
- Introduction to ECL Concepts and Syntax
- Using the ECL IDE and ECL Watch programming tools
- Flat and CSV File Sprays
- Defining Files (RECORD/DATASET)
- Record Filtering
- Basic definition types – Boolean, Value, Set, Recordset
- Creating Simple ECL Queries
- Managing your ECL code
- Despraying Files
Note: We recommend that people who attend the Introduction to ECL class also attend the Introduction to THOR class if it meets your schedule, as they are both presented in the same week.
Contact Us for more information.