Fri May 27, 2022 3:54 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

WsSql user friendly GUI interface

Questions around writing code and queries

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:43 am Change Time Zone

Hi,
Is there any user-friendly interface to use with wssql? (for a non-developer type of user)
The default one, on port 8510 is a bit basic.
For example, as far as I could test, it returns results in a raw XML format (as opposed to the WsECL that shows a pretty nice table)

I understand that the feature is mainly meant to be used programmatically, but perhaps someone can recommend a way of working with it in a more interactive way with some external tool like the ones that exist for relational databases, that for example presents the results as a table, and allows to export the resultset as a csv, or other kind of flat-file.

Or any kind of GUI that allows accessing the end-point and retrieving the results in a graphical way.
Thank you!
rfernandez2007

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:03 pm Change Time Zone

Hi, since the WsSQL jobs are processed as ECL, there should be a resulting workunit you can access via ECLWatch. The WsSQL result should report the Workunit ID which you can use to view the results via the ECLWatch tools. Thanks.
rodrigo.pastrana

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:28 pm Change Time Zone

Hi Rodrigo,
Nice workaround. I'll keep it in mind.
Thank you very much!!
Warm Regards
rfernandez2007

Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:04 pm Change Time Zone

Hi, I'm glad we could help. Thanks for posting, and definitely let us know if you have any other question/concern. Rodrigo.
rodrigo.pastrana

Return to Programming