Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:42 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Roxie "Different version of file" error

Questions around writing code and queries

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:10 pm Change Time Zone

I'm getting an odd error running a Roxie query from the ESP page:
Exception
Reported by: Roxie
Message: Different version of thor::myfilename::idx_myIndexedFields already loaded: sizes = 57344 65536 Date = (in Index Read 2)

I rebuilt the indexes several times prior to this without any issues, then after another index rebuild the error started. To troubleshoot it I deleted the query/.so from the ECL watch page and then deleted the index files.

At that point I was getting the error below so I thought "good, there's no way the wrong index could be loaded now because it's missing"
Exception
Reported by: Roxie
Message: Could not resolve filename thor::myfilename::idx_myIndexedFields (in Index Read 2)

So I deleted the Roxie query, rebuild the indexes, recompiled/published the query and I'm still getting the "already loaded" exception running the web service. Any ideas?
aintnomyth

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:17 pm Change Time Zone

One more thing...before I publish the query to Roxie I can run it fine in thor or hthor. I also tried publishing it to Roxie2 but ran into the same error.
aintnomyth

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:37 pm Change Time Zone

The "Could not resolve filename..." message indicates that roxie was not expecting this file to be used.

The "Different version" message indicates that roxie thinks it has a different version loaded.

If you deleted all the queries using the file and the logical file information is not in dali and you are still getting the "Different version" message, can you restart the roxie cluster and see if that stops the error from occurring. We will need to investigate further
sort

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:28 pm Change Time Zone

We are getting the same error described below. We delete a logical file, recreate it with the same name but a different record layout, and then get this error when we run Roxie queries on it. As the last reply suggests, restarting the server (in our case same box runs both Thor and Roxie) does indeed fix the problem. But, is there some other way to avoid this problem that does not involve a restart??? We're running community_3.8.2-1.
tmurphy

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:30 pm Change Time Zone

Put the index key inside a super file and tell the Roxie query to fetch data from it instead.

When you want to update the key, clear the super file and add the new key, that usually solves the issue.
francisco_escher

Return to Programming