Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:18 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

build web service inside of hpcc source code

Questions around writing code and queries

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:47 pm Change Time Zone

Not sure what specific steps you're taking... but a few general points come to mind:

1. You can't just publish the HTHOR or ROXIE workunit to THOR, you have to compile a workunit specifically for THOR and publish that.

2. If your main query is running on the same THOR target that you will be calling the webservice on, there will be contention... that is, the soapcalls will block on the queue behind the job that is making the soapcall. Try running the main job on HTHOR, and the published query on THOR or vice versa.

If you're still stuck, maybe you could explain the steps you took.
anthony.fishbeck

Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:23 am Change Time Zone

buptkang wrote:Hi Tony,

There is a long time interval since the last message on this question. In general, I want to build a machine learning web portal based on ECL-ML toolbox.

I will mostly create and export ECL code as the web service to be called later. Then my question is still here:

My goal is to do the web-development as less as possible, I mainly focus on data manipulation using ECL. So I assume that I need to create some HTML forms such as load file, manipulate file and so forth in my portal.

If so, which way do you recommend me to do now? Developing such portal inside of HPCC system or build my own client ogwhatsapp app to call? Like what I am saying, I want to minimize any effort on web development.

Under such circumstance, could you give me some ideas on the work flow I should continue to try?

Thanks
Bo

Hi All, I'm new to CS. I've heard people who go to Hackathons talk about using the Google API, or the Twitter API, etc, and I don't know what they mean. Would someone care to explain to me? Thank you so much.
shown

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:46 pm Change Time Zone

Hi Shown,

Hi All, I'm new to CS. I've heard people who go to Hackathons talk about using the Google API, or the Twitter API, etc, and I don't know what they mean. Would someone care to explain to me? Thank you so much.

API is an Application Programming Interface. The way that I understand it is essentially a series of libraries or methods that you can call into from your source code to perform some specific task with another system. Examples are email, parsing, or machine learning. Usually an API is dedicated to performing a specific related group of tasks.

You can search the web for more specific information on the Google or Twitter APIs as you mentioned.

Hope this helps!

Bob
bforeman
Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Previous

Return to Programming