Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:15 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Please Note: The HPCC Systems forums are moving to Stack Overflow. We invite you to post your questions on Stack Overflow utilizing the tag hpcc-ecl (https://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=hpcc-ecl). This legacy forum will be active and monitored during our transition to Stack Overflow but will become read only beginning September 1, 2022.

Roxie Batch Calls

Questions around writing code and queries

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:03 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to perform a call to a Roxie Query, but instead of performing a single call, I would like to run a call with several entries and get the response of all them.
For example, suppose I have a roxie that returns to me the street name. The input would be the zip code. Suppose I have a list with 5 thousand zipcodes. How could I call this roxie to return this list on single input and not doing it sequentially?

Thanks in advance.

Att.
Artur Baruchi
abaruchi

Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:23 pm Change Time Zone

Updating:

I found in documentation (pg 65 and 66 of "ECL Programmers Guide") how to do it using SOAPCALL. Basically, you create a dataset with several "search criteria" and submit to the roxie and you receive a dataset as response with the answer for each dataset used in the request.

I think it is the way to do it, however, I need this to work as an API "call" (external system, not Thor, consuming this API and sending in a single XML several search requests). Still figuring out on how to do this part.

Thanks,

--Artur
abaruchi

Return to Programming