Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:33 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Data Governance

Post questions or comments on how best to manage your big data problem

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:55 am Change Time Zone

Hi,

We are working on some proposals that involves Data Governance as primary goals. (Principles and Rules for Data Governance are derived from Enterprise Architecture Governance)

Is there any case studies that you can share on 'Data Governance with HPCC'.?

Thanks
Durai
Durai
Community Advisory Board Member

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:54 pm Change Time Zone

Durai,

I don't think we have any public paper on Data Governance and HPCC. We have, internally, a number of best practices on Data Governance, and a platform called Orbit, which integrates with HPCC and provides data provenance tracking, process workflow automation, QA/QC metrics, etc. The plan is to package and release this Orbit platform around Q2 2013, so we may be also creating some documentation to go with it.

Having said this, there are a number of standard components in our Data Governance best practices, including creating unique identifiers using our SALT process (which in our environment are called LexID), tracking data sources and contractual, legal and regulatory permissible use requirements across the data life-cycle, ensuring proper data disposal as required by contracts and regulations, verifying that data updates meet format and semantic metrics based on our existing data repository indicators, etc.

Please let me know if this helps,

Flavio
flavio

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:30 pm Change Time Zone

Thanks Flavio,. The details are really helpful and exactly what I was looking for.
Durai

Return to Managing Big Data