Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:16 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Please Note: The HPCC Systems forums are moving to Stack Overflow. We invite you to post your questions on Stack Overflow utilizing the tag hpcc-ecl (https://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=hpcc-ecl). This legacy forum will be active and monitored during our transition to Stack Overflow but will become read only beginning September 1, 2022.

Manual Spray

Post questions or comments on how best to manage your big data problem

Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:07 pm Change Time Zone

Hello!

I've been told many (many) times that the spray feature is just a simple file-splitting+ship-file-parts-to-slave-nodes+logical-file-entry process (that doesn't seem THAT simple to me ;)).

I was wondering if it would be possible for me to keep/create those file parts and, upon creating a new cluster, download those files parts onto the slave nodes, and manually create that logical file entry specifying where all those parts are.

I've used dfuplus to spray/despray files before and saw the savexml action there. Is it what I should use?
Would you have a snippet+explanation/blog post/pdf/anything on how to use it to re-create a logical file? (I see how to use to export the xml, but how do I create a logical file with it?)

Thanks for the help!
lpezet

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:57 pm Change Time Zone

Have you tried the remote copy option? I believe that's what we use to move logical files from one cluster to another.

Regards,

Bob
bforeman
Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Return to Managing Big Data