Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:00 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

LDAP Setup

Post questions specific to installation or configuration for the HPCC Systems platform

Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:23 pm Change Time Zone

The LDAP configuration example in the installation document for HPCC is very confusing. I only need to authenticate users and most of the fields don't pertain to that ability. What fields do I need for LDAP user authentication exclusively? I also don't need HPCC to make changes to LDAP and it doesn't need a username or password as our LDAP is anonymous.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:29 pm Change Time Zone

If you want simple "All or Nothing" authentication, you can use HTPassword authentication. This form of security simply provides a list of users who are allowed in.

If you want to do the same but use LDAP, then just add all you users to a Group and grant FULL access to that Group for all the settings. Any new users added will inherit that. Groups allow you to carefully choose your settings and then quickly add people to use those settings.

Permissions are complex because they provide a lot of flexibility. We know that the process is a little difficult and are working to improve it.

Return to Installation