Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:35 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Multi node setup in Local VM Instance

Post questions specific to installation or configuration for the HPCC Systems platform

Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:49 pm Change Time Zone

I am working with Local Virtual Instance HPCCSystemVM-amd64-
For a specific testing and learning, I want a multi node cluster to be set up in the local VM Instance.

Below is my physical system configuration

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300 CPU @ 2.40 GHz 2.50 GHz
Installed Memory(RAM): 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System,x64-based processor

Please let me know is it feasible to set up a Multi node setup in the Local Virtual Instance.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:53 pm Change Time Zone

The HPCC VM you can download is not meant to do multiple-node clusters. It is designed for R&D POC-type use.

To do what you want, you need to read the Installing & Running the HPCC Platform doc (download from here: Then you can just set up a separate VM for each node in your configuration (if you're using Oracle's VirtualBox, those docs would be from Oracle) and install HPCC the same way you would if they were physical boxes instead of VMs.

Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:19 pm Change Time Zone

Gotcha. Thanks Richard.

So basically I can also run 3 or 4 separate VMWare Virtual Machine instance and follow the Installing & Running the HPCC Platform document to set up Multi node cluster, Which can also be done by Oracle Virtual Box.

Believe Running Multiple HPCC instance on Oracle Virtual Box or in VMWare Virtual Machine behaves same way in this regards ? Please clarify and confirm the same.

Return to Installation