Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:47 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Where is HPCC Client Tools installed on Mac OS X?

Post questions specific to installation or configuration for the HPCC Systems platform

Mon May 20, 2013 11:26 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,

What is the default installation directory for the HPCC Client tools on Mac OS X? I downloaded and installed from this location:
http://hpccsystems.com/download/free-co ... ols?os=181

I cannot find the installation even though I successfully went through the whole installation process.

I see nothing pertinent in my /Applications folder. I used Unix "find" from a shell to search for a reg exp with [Hh][Pp][Cc]1 in it but got no results.....

I am on Mac OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion....

Thanks.....
rhimbo

Tue May 21, 2013 11:34 am Change Time Zone

The installer puts everything into /opt/HPCCSystems, then a subdirectory for the version number (e.g. '3.10.8' for the current version).

I've found it useful to create a symlink in that directory (ln -s 3.10.8 current) in order to standardize the path. That would need to be updated every time you install, of course, but it simplifies a number of other things like adjusting $PATH in your login script.

Cheers,

Dan
DSC
Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Tue May 21, 2013 5:48 pm Change Time Zone

Thanks, Dan....

Hm, I guess there was something wrong with my regex when doing my "find". I do see the installation in /opt.
rhimbo

Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:32 am Change Time Zone

Could you please share the complete installation process of HPCC platform on Mac Os. I am currently using Mac Os Sierra 10.12.1
Naveen

Return to Installation