Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:07 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

MyThor is not running in cluster

Topics related to recommendations or questions on the design for HPCC Systems clusters

Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:24 pm Change Time Zone

Please find the remaining log files.
Attachments
thorslave.1.2015_03_04.log
(4.03 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
thormaster.2015_03_04.log
(11.7 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
lakshmannaresh

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:15 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,

From these logs it appears all is up and running ok.
Can you use HPCC ok now ?

There is a CTRL-C event received about 30 seconds after thormaster starts - but the process is re-started after this and the second time around it continues to run ok. The thor slave connects and registers and it appears all is ok.

We will continue to try and solve why the CTRL-C event, but can you confirm if you are able to use HPCC now ?

For the CTRL-C issue - could it be possible another start up of HPCC occurred at or near the same time ? Or there was a stop of HPCC attempted somehow ? What cmds on each host do you use to start HPCC ?

thanks,
mark
mkellyhpcc

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:59 pm Change Time Zone

Hi Mark,
I'm able to use HPCC services. My script starts HPCC services at the master using the below command.
sudo /opt/HPCCSystems/sbin/hpcc-run.sh -a hpcc-init start
After the execution of this command, my script will check the status of the services and if needed will issue a restart. [sudo /opt/HPCCSystems/sbin/hpcc-run.sh -a hpcc-init restart]

Regards,
Lakshman Naresh
lakshmannaresh

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:10 pm Change Time Zone

Lakshman, hi

"... my script will check the status of the services and if needed will issue a restart"

Can you send us this script ? I am thinking that somehow a restart is done when it is not really needed.

thanks,
mark
mkellyhpcc

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:30 pm Change Time Zone

I have attached the script that is executed only at the master.

-Lakshman Naresh
Attachments
Master Script.txt
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
lakshmannaresh

Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:52 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,

We are interested in the output from starting, if you can capture that. It seems after the start cmd one of the services must still report as stopped so your script goes into the restart - which then sends the CTRL-C to thor.

If you could send output from this master start up script where we can see which other service was still stopped it would help us debug this.
Perhaps also better than restarting would be to just issue another start cmd, as that would just try to start just the service(s) that are not yet up. Also probably a good idea to add a sleep 20 or so after the first start, before checking for any stopped services.

In the next version of HPCC (5.2) we have improved the startup flow and reporting so this should go smoother, but until then sending the output from your start script and adding the sleep 20 and changing restart to start should help.

thanks,
mark
mkellyhpcc

Previous

Return to Clustering