Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:01 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Clearing Sasha Archives

Questions related to node architecture, redundancy and system monitoring

Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:33 pm Change Time Zone

Is there a standard approach to clearing all of Sasha's archived data? Also, how do I prevent Sasha from archiving at all? My HPCC usage does not require going back and retrieving anything from Sasha. I'm using 6.4.8-1
micevepay

Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:21 pm Change Time Zone

How you archive the files is completely up to you.

When WUs and DFU-WUs are archived, they are removed from Dali's datastore and written to disk at the location specified in Sasha's configuration (usually on the Sasha server).

If you want to clear them, merely delete the files.

If you want to move them, you can use the Linux mv command. You could, if desired, use tar or zip to encapsulate and compress before moving them. You could write a script to do this and set it up as a cron job to automate the process.

We recommend you do not disable Sasha's archiving. If you do, that can fill up Dali's memory and eventually cause problems.

If still want to disable Sasha's archiving, there are several settings in Sasha's configuration you can set to zero to disable:

WUlimit, WUinterval, DFUrecoveryLimit, DFUrecoveryInterval, DFUWUlimit, DFUWUinterval, cachedWUlimit, cachedWUinterval

Setting all of those to zero disables Sasha's archiving of WUs, DFU-WUs, cached WUs, and recovered DFU-WUs. Again, we advise against this.

HTH,

Jim
JimD

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:05 pm Change Time Zone

So to properly clear it, do I just clear the contents of /var/lib/HPCCSystems/mysasha, a command line tool that should be invoked, or is there a way to clear it via the ECL Watch?
micevepay

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:06 pm Change Time Zone

You cannot delete Archived WUs or Archived DFU-WUs from ECLWatch. You will have to use your favorite Linux utility or command line. Keep in mind that most people do not want to delete these. Most enterprises move them to a long term storage location.

The default directory Sasha uses for archives is:
Code: Select all
/var/lib/HPCCSystems/hpcc-data/sasha/Archive

Under that directory, are directories for the types of archived items, for example WUs are in:
Code: Select all
/var/lib/HPCCSystems/hpcc-data/sasha/Archive/WorkUnits/

HTH,
Jim
JimD

Return to System Health