Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:14 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Viewing progress of submitted workunits.

Comments or questions specific to the features of ECL Watch

Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:35 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,

When spraying I can view progress of the process from ECL Watch (as a % bar) All very nice.

However when submitting a Workunit from the ECL IDE, though I can access the ECL Watch from the IDE and also the running workunit from the ECLWatch pane itself, I can't find a way of viewing % complete.

The actual instance I have in mind is the construction of '~temp::IMDB::ActorsInMovies' as part of the tutorial 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon'. It took 15 minutes on my laptop, but could have been hours as far as I could tell.

Perhaps runtime for these workunits cannot be determined, I don't know?

Yours

Allan
Allan

Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:44 pm Change Time Zone

It's not generally possible for the system to predict the estimated completion time of an ECL job. You can however view the graph as it executes and see how many records have been processed by each activity, and what activities have completed so far, which will give you some idea of the rate of progress (or otherwise) Of your query.
richardkchapman
Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:36 pm Change Time Zone

Thanks Richard,

Actually while running 'IMDB.KeysKevinBacon.BuildAll; I noticed results being completed one by one, so could estimate progress that way for that particular build.

I suppose it just depends on the particular build/query one is doing.

Yours

Allan
Allan

Return to ECL Watch