Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:24 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Cannot upload file

Comments or questions specific to the features of ECL Watch

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:54 pm Change Time Zone

In ECL Watch, I go to Upload/download file (on the left) and choose browse. I have a small XML file (~200k) that I want to upload, so I hit "browse", choose the file, hit Open, and when I'm back on the ECLWatch page, I choose "Upload Now" and the page reloads, and Internet Explorer cannot connect. It says "

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

As if I typed an invalid address or something. As far as I can tell, HPCC is running. I can go through the other areas of ECLWatch and look at the different queues, jobs, nodes, etc.

**** not sure if this is related, but ...

I am having a (possibly) separate issue that I already posted a topic about. I'm getting a strange error in ECL IDE when I Submit a job:

WARNING: ESP Exception - CSoapResponseBinding: 2012-06-29 10:56:45 GMT: SDS: Dirty client cache members used
SDS Reply Error : CFile::open /var/lib/HPCCSystems/hpcc-data/dali/delta.progress, Disk full (D:\hpccsystems\src\eclide\comms\Dali.cpp, 1281) SoapUtil.h(419)

We're running on a VM, and as far as I can tell, we have space left on the VM. When I do a du, I see that we have several gigabytes available.

Can anyone help?
michael-mason

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:51 pm Change Time Zone

Could you please let me know the version of your HPCC and your Internet Explorer?
kevin.wang@lexisnexis.com

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:05 pm Change Time Zone

Can you also post the tail end of your esp log (/var/log/HPCCSystems/myesp/esp.log -- replace "myesp" if the component name is different).

After both trying to upload, and after submitting a job as they may be related.
anthony.fishbeck@lexisnexis.com
Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:06 pm Change Time Zone

also what version of Virtual Box are you using (you are having other VM issues that we will be looking into)
sort

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:26 pm Change Time Zone

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I will reply again with the information you requested, however I wanted to first say that there are other problems going on as well that *may* explain these issues. Inside ECLWatch, I went to:

Topology, Systems Servers

and hit Update to see the latest status, and I'm getting messages that myeclagent, myeclccserver, mysasha, and mydfuserver aren't running. I'm currently searching for a way to get these started. (Is there some script that launches these, or do we start these daemons by hand?)

Also, I meant to write "I ran df" up above when I was checking for the amount of free disk space. I will return with the information you requested shortly.

Thanks,
michael-mason

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:37 pm Change Time Zone

Just to be clear. You are running the lastest official HPCC OSS vm build
HPCC VM Image Release Date: 05/01/2012 3.6.2.3.CE

This image is meant to be self contained and auto started when the VM starts up.

If you are running one of our binary installation files in your own VM, then we need to trouble shoot differently
sort

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:03 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,

I was wondering which virtual machine program you are using to run the VM. I've typically run it on VMWare.
clo

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:08 pm Change Time Zone

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to gather the information that you requested. Part of the problem is that the machine that I'm working on is located in a different city and the people that set it up are not in my group. So, I'm trying to see what information I can gather while waiting for replies to emails.

We are running the VM version that was downloaded from the website. They started the VM up on a Windows machine (not sure which version).

Thank you so much for your help!
michael-mason

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:54 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,

I believe my issues are related to the fact that the VM is having problems creating files on the system. Even though 'df' reports several gigabytes available, when I do something as simple as 'touch test.txt', I get a 'No space left on device' error. I have an email out to our sysadmin/VM guy, so hopefully he can figure out what is going on. I'm not a VM guy, but I wonder if the host system isn't allowing the VM to grow its disk space usage or something.
Thank you all for your help. HPCC is a very cool system, and I'm really enjoying working with it. It seems to make very hard problems possible and hard problems easy.

Thanks!
michael-mason

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:15 pm Change Time Zone

michael-mason wrote:Hi,

I believe my issues are related to the fact that the VM is having problems creating files on the system. Even though 'df' reports several gigabytes available, when I do something as simple as 'touch test.txt', I get a 'No space left on device' error. I have an email out to our sysadmin/VM guy, so hopefully he can figure out what is going on. I'm not a VM guy, but I wonder if the host system isn't allowing the VM to grow its disk space usage or something.
Thank you all for your help. HPCC is a very cool system, and I'm really enjoying working with it. It seems to make very hard problems possible and hard problems easy.

Thanks!

How much space is being listed as available?

Please paste a `df -h`
pschwartz

Next

Return to ECL Watch