Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:45 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Upgrading to a new VM Image - Migrating Sprayed Data

Post questions or comments related to the Virtual Machine

Tue May 31, 2011 1:33 pm Change Time Zone

Hi team,

I just upgraded my test machine to the latest VM 3.0.0.2 RC1. Since my VM Player was already installed, I simply unzipped the download and then double-clicked on the new VMX file. The install and initialization worked great.

My question is regarding my data that I had sprayed to my earlier install. The latest HPCC VM assigned a new IP address for me. If I start the OLD HPCC VM version and then login to my old IP address using my WINSCP tool I can see my old DropZone and sprayed data. But of course logging in to my new VM location using the new IP address shows an empty dropzone and no sprayed data as I anticipated.

Is there an easy way to migrate the sprayed data from my older VM install, or will I just have to "bite the bullet" and respray everything again from my new drop zone?

Also, after I have migrated all of my data to the new VM IP location, what is the best way to remove the older install that I no longer need? Can I just delete the older install VM folder that contains the vmem and vmdk files?

Thanks in advance!

Bob Foreman
robert.foreman@lexisnexis.com

Tue May 31, 2011 5:11 pm Change Time Zone

After a little research and confering with colleagues, you will need to respray and files that you are using to your new landing zone when upgrading the HPCC VM install. It's fast and easy to sync up again.

Also, just deleting the folder of the older VM Image Install will effectively uninstall it.
robert.foreman@lexisnexis.com

Return to VM Image