Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:56 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Connect to VM from remote machine

Post questions or comments related to the Virtual Machine

Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:13 pm Change Time Zone

I have two machines at my work desk (same subnet) and would like to run the HPCC Systems VM (using VMWare Player) on one machine and connect to it from the other machine. How do I configure the VM network settings? Is it possible? I have tried the VM Network Settings (Bridged, NAT, etc.) but they don't seem to work.
michael.krumlauf@lexisnexis.com

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:52 pm Change Time Zone

The HPCC VM that we release is meant to be run as a 1 node configuration. We do not support it connecting to other VMs.

If you want to set up a multi node system using VMs (I use Virtual Box), you will need to create a VM and install a Linux OS that we support. Then install the appropriate binary release (get it from the portal). You can use our scripts to copy the binary install file and install on multiple machines (documetation can be found on the portal "Installing & Running the HPCC Platform")
sort

Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:00 pm Change Time Zone

I'm sorry but my posting must not have been clear.

I know the VM supplies only a one-node instance. What I am trying to do is this:

1. Start the VM on Box A
2. Run client tools (ECL IDE, ECL Watch, etc.) on Box B and connect via a URL pointing to the VM on Box A (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:8010, nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:5480)

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:50 pm Change Time Zone

Problem fixed - firewall was blocking.

Return to VM Image