Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:56 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Please Note: The HPCC Systems forums are moving to Stack Overflow. We invite you to post your questions on Stack Overflow utilizing the tag hpcc-ecl (https://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=hpcc-ecl). This legacy forum will be active and monitored during our transition to Stack Overflow but will become read only beginning September 1, 2022.

Too many daliadmin log files

Post questions or comments related to the Virtual Machine

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:21 pm Change Time Zone

We have the VM image running, and I kept getting 'No space left on device' errors even when 'df -h' showed that we had plenty of space left. It turns out that 'df -i' showed that we'd used 100% of our allowed inodes. While looking around to see which directory was the culprit, I found that /var/log/HPCCSystems/daliadmin had over 1 million files in it. The files are owned by 'hpcc', and I don't have hpcc or root's password. I don't know what version of the VM we're running, but I do know that we downloaded and installed it about 1 month ago. How can I figure out this info if you guys need it to troubleshoot this problem?

Two questions:

A. How can I delete some of these files? Do you make the password for hpcc available? I've looked and only found the password for hpccdemo.
B. What settings can I adjust so that this doesn't happen again?

Thanks,
michael-mason

Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:58 pm Change Time Zone

michael-mason wrote:We have the VM image running, and I kept getting 'No space left on device' errors even when 'df -h' showed that we had plenty of space left. It turns out that 'df -i' showed that we'd used 100% of our allowed inodes. While looking around to see which directory was the culprit, I found that /var/log/HPCCSystems/daliadmin had over 1 million files in it. The files are owned by 'hpcc', and I don't have hpcc or root's password. I don't know what version of the VM we're running, but I do know that we downloaded and installed it about 1 month ago. How can I figure out this info if you guys need it to troubleshoot this problem?

Two questions:

A. How can I delete some of these files? Do you make the password for hpcc available? I've looked and only found the password for hpccdemo.
B. What settings can I adjust so that this doesn't happen again?

Thanks,

The hpccdemo user has full sudo rights. You can use the sudo command to do the deletes or do `sudo su hpcc` to get an hpcc shell.

-Philip
pschwartz

Return to VM Image