Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:53 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Too many daliadmin log files

Post questions or comments related to the Virtual Machine

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:21 pm Change Time Zone

We have the VM image running, and I kept getting 'No space left on device' errors even when 'df -h' showed that we had plenty of space left. It turns out that 'df -i' showed that we'd used 100% of our allowed inodes. While looking around to see which directory was the culprit, I found that /var/log/HPCCSystems/daliadmin had over 1 million files in it. The files are owned by 'hpcc', and I don't have hpcc or root's password. I don't know what version of the VM we're running, but I do know that we downloaded and installed it about 1 month ago. How can I figure out this info if you guys need it to troubleshoot this problem?

Two questions:

A. How can I delete some of these files? Do you make the password for hpcc available? I've looked and only found the password for hpccdemo.
B. What settings can I adjust so that this doesn't happen again?

Thanks,
michael-mason

Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:58 pm Change Time Zone

michael-mason wrote:We have the VM image running, and I kept getting 'No space left on device' errors even when 'df -h' showed that we had plenty of space left. It turns out that 'df -i' showed that we'd used 100% of our allowed inodes. While looking around to see which directory was the culprit, I found that /var/log/HPCCSystems/daliadmin had over 1 million files in it. The files are owned by 'hpcc', and I don't have hpcc or root's password. I don't know what version of the VM we're running, but I do know that we downloaded and installed it about 1 month ago. How can I figure out this info if you guys need it to troubleshoot this problem?

Two questions:

A. How can I delete some of these files? Do you make the password for hpcc available? I've looked and only found the password for hpccdemo.
B. What settings can I adjust so that this doesn't happen again?

Thanks,

The hpccdemo user has full sudo rights. You can use the sudo command to do the deletes or do `sudo su hpcc` to get an hpcc shell.

-Philip
pschwartz

Return to VM Image