Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:44 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Cannot access ecl watch of one instance cluster

Questions or comments related to Cloud Computing and the HPCC Systems Instant Cloud for AWS

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:36 pm Change Time Zone

I have deployed a one instance hpcc system on AWS and I cannot access the cluster's ecl watch. Not sure what is wrong. The environment.xml file is the one that placed by the installation of the platform, which is 6.4.8. Here is the trouble shooting I've done.

First, when I start the cluster, all components startup without any errors. I've checked the cluster's security group to make sure I have given my IP permission to access port 8010 (in fact, for a short period of time, I opened all inbound traffic to everyone, but I still couldn't access ecl watch).
tlhumphrey2

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:17 pm Change Time Zone

Tim, based on your write up, it sounds like the ESP loaded without issue which points to an AWS/networking issue but let's back up a bit.

Can you view the ESP log (/var/log/HPCCSystems/<yourESPname>/esp.log and confirm the process started and loaded all libraries without issue.

Also, confirm that the ESP Process has eclwatch(wssmc) bound to it on port 8010.

You can also issue a command like this to ensure an ESP process is listening on the port you expect it to be on:
netstat -pa |grep esp

Once you've confirmed that, let's look into connectivity...

Try this from a remote machine:
ssh -vp 8010 <your ECLWATCH ESP IP>

it should should you've connected. Otherwise it would appear to be a network error.
rodrigo.pastrana

Return to Cloud