Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:22 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Please Note: The HPCC Systems forums are moving to Stack Overflow. We invite you to post your questions on Stack Overflow utilizing the tag hpcc-ecl (https://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=hpcc-ecl). This legacy forum will be active and monitored during our transition to Stack Overflow but will become read only beginning September 1, 2022.

Helm install fails with int overflow error in hpcc/templates

Questions or comments related to Cloud Computing and the HPCC Systems Instant Cloud for AWS

Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:24 am Change Time Zone

Hi,

I have been running into overflows int for helm install as below -

│ Error: template: hpcc/templates/thor.yaml:397:5: executing "hpcc/templates/thor.yaml" at <include "hpcc.addStubResources" ($commonCtx | merge (dict "instances" .maxGraphs))>: error calling include: template: hpcc/templates/_helpers.tpl:810:16: executing "hpcc.addStubResources" at <include "hpcc.bytesToK8sMemoryString" $totalBytes>: error calling include: template: hpcc/templates/_helpers.tpl:1548:14: executing "hpcc.bytesToK8sMemoryString" at <1152921504606846976>: 1152921504606846976 overflows int

I was told that for the windows operating system, using a 64 bit Helm would fix but seems like it is not.

I have installed windowsamdx64 bit of Helm 3.8 version and still running into the overflow int error.

Could you please provide the steps to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Akhila
Akhila

Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:26 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,

the int in the template it is pointing to is a 64bit constant, the error does suggest it is larger than the native process can handle.

Is it possible both the 32bit and 64bit version are installed, but it's picking up the 32bit version?
MS's sigcheck can confirm by pointing it at the exe : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint ... s/sigcheck

Also could you try a helm template on the chart, and see if that succeeds (I've just tried this myself a moment ago having just installed helm for windows), e.g.:

helm template myhpcc hpcc/hpcc > capturedoutput.yaml

Thanks.
jsmith
Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:54 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,

The sigcheck tool helped in identifying the 32-bit helm which was installed by windows chocolatey package. It seems to be working as expected now.

Thank you for the help.

Thanks,
Akhila
Akhila

Return to Cloud