Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:15 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Error when trying to create clusters in aws

Questions or comments related to Cloud Computing and the HPCC Systems Instant Cloud for AWS

Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:13 pm Change Time Zone

I followed the instruction here: and created an access key in IAM of my aws account and granted EC2fullaccess permission to this access key. However, when I copied and pasted the access key ID and secret key to login. I got an error "AWS was not able to validate the provided access credentials". Does it happen to anyone else? Any suggestions?

Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:53 pm Change Time Zone

I have occasionally had such problems (not necessarily with AWS) and it usually has come down to including trailing spaces in the paste and the validation routine not trimming those spaces before comparison. Try it again, making sure you're only pasting in the characters themselves, without leading or trailing spaces. If that doesn't work, try typing them in manually.

Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:10 pm Change Time Zone

Thanks for your reply. I tried copy and paste from Notepad, and got the same error. I also tried manually type the access key id and secret access key two times, but no luck.

I am wondering if I should grant any other permission to the access key than only ec2fullaccess permission. Or is that possible that the "HPCC Systems® Instant Cloud for AWS Beta" is temporarily unavailable?

Return to Cloud