Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:44 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Use Pentaho to call ECL from classic repository?

Questions and comments related to the Pentaho Kettle and Spoon plugins

Fri May 30, 2014 2:06 am Change Time Zone

Hi -
In my early testing with the Pentaho plug-in, it's not clear how to use ECL that calls attributes from a "classic" (MySQL, via eclserver) repository.
What am I missing?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
jwilt

Fri May 30, 2014 1:24 pm Change Time Zone

Jim,

Pentaho is an Open Source tool itself, so I don't believe our Pentaho plug-in was designed to work with anything but the Open Source version of HPCC. FWIW, the "classic" repository is soon to be deprecated and was really only supported for our 702 => OSS migration process.

HTH,

Richard
rtaylor
Community Advisory Board Member

Fri May 30, 2014 5:23 pm Change Time Zone

Sorry, I didn't say, but this is for HPCC 4.2.2-1, running with eclserver (vs. eclccserver).
jwilt

Fri May 30, 2014 6:35 pm Change Time Zone

Jim,

Yes, I understood that. The "classic" central repository will be going away and is only supported currently for our pre-OSS customers, both internal and external, to provide an easier migration path. Therefore, I believe the Pentaho plug-in was not designed to work with them.

HTH,

Richard
rtaylor

Fri May 30, 2014 10:46 pm Change Time Zone

Made a discovery...

In the "Global Variables", set:
Compile Flags ... -main ...

This (apparently) tells it to pass the ECL to the cluster and not use the local (C: drive) eclcc.
(This is actually similar to the ecl command line.)

In brief testing, this appears to allow the Pentaho plugin to use ECL from the classic (MySQL) repository.

Just FYI.
jwilt

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:24 pm Change Time Zone

The plugins were only designed to work with a local repository there hasn't been any extensive testing using the mysql repository. As you discovered the compiler flags in Global Variables will allow you to do pretty much anything you need. One other option is to copy your library down to the local machine and include its location in the compiler flags.
joe.chambers

Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm Change Time Zone

Hiii, As we know that the pentaho is an open source hence the plug-in which you are using may not support the classic repository from where you are trying to connect it. For further detail on the same kindly view this free online tutorial. Its really informative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayFt9L0n_rM
Alvindavid

Return to Pentaho Kettle