Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:56 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

bug while running simple tutorial example

Questions and comments related to the Pentaho Kettle and Spoon plugins

Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:43 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,

I am trying to get the hpcc plugin for Spoon to work in linux environment using Ubuntu 14.04. I am following the steps as specified in the "Simple Tutorials" example in the documentation. I keep getting a bug while double clicking on any of the modules under the hpcc systems plugin. Following is the stack trace of the same:

An unexpected error occurred in Spoon:
org.pentaho.di.ui.job.dialog.JobDialog.setShellImage(Lorg/eclipse/swt/widgets/Shell;Lorg/pentaho/di/job/entry/JobEntryInterface;)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.pentaho.di.ui.job.dialog.JobDialog.setShellImage(Lorg/eclipse/swt/widgets/Shell;Lorg/pentaho/di/job/entry/JobEntryInterface;)V
at org.hpccsystems.pentaho.job.eclglobalvariables.ECLGlobalVariablesDialog.open(ECLGlobalVariablesDialog.java:119)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.delegates.SpoonJobDelegate.editJobEntry(SpoonJobDelegate.java:255)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.Spoon.editJobEntry(Spoon.java:8560)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.job.JobGraph.editEntry(JobGraph.java:2818)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.job.JobGraph.mouseDoubleClick(JobGraph.java:634)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.Spoon.readAndDispatch(Spoon.java:1319)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.Spoon.waitForDispose(Spoon.java:7939)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.Spoon.start(Spoon.java:9190)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.Spoon.main(Spoon.java:654)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.pentaho.commons.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:92)

It seems it is a bug in the setShellImage function or may be there is some configuration I am missing. Can you advise me here on how to resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Vikash
vikas134

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:11 am Change Time Zone

Hi,

Please let me know if you need any more information regarding this error message, I have been following the documentation given through http://hpccsystems.com/products-and-ser ... ntegration. I can't set any attributes in the "Global variable" module as a double click or edit the properties option throws the error specified above.

Thanks,
Vikash
vikas134

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:14 pm Change Time Zone

What version of pentaho are you using the plugins with? It looks like a compatibility issue. The function (org.pentaho.di.ui.job.dialog.JobDialog.setShellImage) is there to set the icon for the popup window for the plugin. It looks like that function doesn't exist in that version of pentaho.
joe.chambers

Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:47 am Change Time Zone

Thanks for the response Joe.

I am using version pdi-ce-5.4.0.0-128, downloaded the same from http://community.pentaho.com/projects/data-integration/. I am using spoon plugin distribution downloaded through http://hpccsystems.com/products-and-ser ... ntegration on an Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit installed system.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,
Vikash
vikas134

Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:05 pm Change Time Zone

Hi Joe,

Can you help me out here? Please let me know if there's any additional information you need.

Thanks,
Vikash
vikas134

Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:05 am Change Time Zone

you can use 4.2.1 or 4.4.0
xue_fg

Return to Pentaho Kettle