Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:20 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Please Note: The HPCC Systems forums are moving to Stack Overflow. We invite you to post your questions on Stack Overflow utilizing the tag hpcc-ecl (https://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=hpcc-ecl). This legacy forum will be active and monitored during our transition to Stack Overflow but will become read only beginning September 1, 2022.

bug while running simple tutorial example

Questions and comments related to the Pentaho Kettle and Spoon plugins

Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:43 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,

I am trying to get the hpcc plugin for Spoon to work in linux environment using Ubuntu 14.04. I am following the steps as specified in the "Simple Tutorials" example in the documentation. I keep getting a bug while double clicking on any of the modules under the hpcc systems plugin. Following is the stack trace of the same:

An unexpected error occurred in Spoon:
org.pentaho.di.ui.job.dialog.JobDialog.setShellImage(Lorg/eclipse/swt/widgets/Shell;Lorg/pentaho/di/job/entry/JobEntryInterface;)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.pentaho.di.ui.job.dialog.JobDialog.setShellImage(Lorg/eclipse/swt/widgets/Shell;Lorg/pentaho/di/job/entry/JobEntryInterface;)V
at org.hpccsystems.pentaho.job.eclglobalvariables.ECLGlobalVariablesDialog.open(ECLGlobalVariablesDialog.java:119)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.delegates.SpoonJobDelegate.editJobEntry(SpoonJobDelegate.java:255)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.Spoon.editJobEntry(Spoon.java:8560)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.job.JobGraph.editEntry(JobGraph.java:2818)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.job.JobGraph.mouseDoubleClick(JobGraph.java:634)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.Spoon.readAndDispatch(Spoon.java:1319)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.Spoon.waitForDispose(Spoon.java:7939)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.Spoon.start(Spoon.java:9190)
at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.Spoon.main(Spoon.java:654)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.pentaho.commons.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:92)

It seems it is a bug in the setShellImage function or may be there is some configuration I am missing. Can you advise me here on how to resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Vikash
vikas134

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:11 am Change Time Zone

Hi,

Please let me know if you need any more information regarding this error message, I have been following the documentation given through http://hpccsystems.com/products-and-ser ... ntegration. I can't set any attributes in the "Global variable" module as a double click or edit the properties option throws the error specified above.

Thanks,
Vikash
vikas134

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:14 pm Change Time Zone

What version of pentaho are you using the plugins with? It looks like a compatibility issue. The function (org.pentaho.di.ui.job.dialog.JobDialog.setShellImage) is there to set the icon for the popup window for the plugin. It looks like that function doesn't exist in that version of pentaho.
joe.chambers

Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:47 am Change Time Zone

Thanks for the response Joe.

I am using version pdi-ce-5.4.0.0-128, downloaded the same from http://community.pentaho.com/projects/data-integration/. I am using spoon plugin distribution downloaded through http://hpccsystems.com/products-and-ser ... ntegration on an Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit installed system.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,
Vikash
vikas134

Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:05 pm Change Time Zone

Hi Joe,

Can you help me out here? Please let me know if there's any additional information you need.

Thanks,
Vikash
vikas134

Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:05 am Change Time Zone

you can use 4.2.1 or 4.4.0
xue_fg

Return to Pentaho Kettle