Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:52 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Integration with SAS

Questions and comments related to the Pentaho Kettle and Spoon plugins

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:28 pm Change Time Zone

I see that there is SAS to ECL converter here http://hpccsystems.com/products-and-services/products/modules/sas-ecl-converter

But I can find absolutely no documentation about it. Would be great if someone can throw some more light on the tool.

Thanks,
-David
jeeves

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:45 pm Change Time Zone

I've asked the developer of this tool to reply back with a little more information.

Thanks for posting the question!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:01 pm Change Time Zone

Thanks for your interest in the SAS-ECL Converter!

The SAS-ECL Converter translates SAS code into syntactically correct ECL code that is semantically as close as possible to the original SAS code. The current version of the SAS-ECL Converter is intended for internal HPCC Systems use only, but we will be releasing an enhanced version -- with more features and a user-friendly interface -- to the public in Q2 2013.

-Nicholas Montpetit, HPCC Systems
SAS-ECL Converter Developer
nick_montpetit

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:26 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,
We are working on a data intensive computing solutions and having following questions on SAS capability in HPCC. It is quite attractive to see SAS capabilities. Can you please help on the following questions?
Is this converter available in enterprise edition now? Need some advice if the tools has capabilities on moving SAS statistical model to ECL with minimal or no manual fixes on converted code ? I am not from SAS background, one of the requirements is heavily depends this feature so any information on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Durai
Last edited by Durai on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Durai
Community Advisory Board Member

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:24 pm Change Time Zone

Durai,

SAS models can be converted to C++ or Java scoring code which can in turn be executed in HPCC. I believe that the conversion feature is available in SAS Enterprise miner.

Please feel free to reach back if you any further questions.

Thank You

Arjuna
arjuna chala

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:25 pm Change Time Zone

Thanks for the details, Arjuna. I will check and revert.

Interim, can we use the converted C++ as embedded program. I am quite interested in learning the manual effort involved in this requirement. (SAS Models->ECL->HPCC Analytics->ROXIE Queries)
Durai

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:28 pm Change Time Zone

Durai,

Yes, it should be embeddable. I guess it also depends on the complexity of the scoring code.

Thanks
arjuna chala

Return to Pentaho Kettle