Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:19 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

HPCC VM INSTALLATION ERROR

A place for developers to ask questions about contributing to the open source code base

Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:24 am Change Time Zone

Hi Team,

I am trying to install hpcc VM server in my system.My system spec is 2GB RAM,64bit
I am almost reached the end of installation.Finally it showing an error.But i am unable to eradicate that.It is asking me to disable Hardware virtulisation in the system page
But i am keeping disable option only and it is throwing the error still.I am attaching the that screen shot for your reference.

Please help me on this.
In system page -- acceleration - Hardware virtualisation

Thanks in advance,
Manikandan N
Attachments
HpccVM_Install_error.png
Hpcc VM Installation error screenshot
(28.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Daniel_mani

Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:03 pm Change Time Zone

Hello Manikandan,

Could you please confirm if hardware virtualization is enabled on your host machine? If you are using Windows on the host machine, you can quickly check that under the "Performance" tab in Task Manager (See screenshot attached).

To run the HPCC Systems platform in a virtual machine, hardware virtualization must be enabled in the BIOS of your host machine. This setting may be called VT-x or AMD-V, depending on the processor of the host machine you are using. In case needed, some general steps to manage the hardware virtualization settings in your host machine are provided here: https://bce.berkeley.edu/enabling-virtualization-in-your-pc-bios.html.

HTH,
Hugo
Attachments
2020-12-15 10_23_27-Window.png
(38.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
hwatanuki

Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:04 pm Change Time Zone

Hi Hugo,
Thanks a lot for the timely guidance.
As you mentioned, I have checked my Windows system Options.Under the BIOS settings there is no options available in my system as you listed and options in attached sheet.
I am using Windows 7 professional 64bit OS,2 GB RAM,Processor- Inter(R) CPU A1018 @2.10GHz.
But really this was helpful to know multiple new things that i don't know before.

Thanks,
Manikandan N
Daniel_mani

Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:02 am Change Time Zone

Hi Team,

When i am using any of the STD file functions i am getting an error.
Please help me to rectify this error.

Error message:
Error: Too many parameters passed to function RenameLogicalFile (expected 2) (141, 71), 2061, C:\Program Files (x86)\HPCCSystems\7.0.0\clienttools\share\ecllibrary\std\File.ecl

Regards,
Manikandan N
Daniel_mani

Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:19 am Change Time Zone

Hello Manikandan,

Per the error message you display, it seems like you were trying to use the STD.File.RenameLogicalFile() function by passing more than two input parameters. Is this the same error message you are getting accross different STD.File functions? If possible, could you please provide a code example for further troubleshooting?

Thanks,
HugoW
hwatanuki

Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:53 pm Change Time Zone

Hi HugoW,

I am getting this error while i am using any kind of STD.File functions.

I have attached the error screen shot when i am trying to create super file.

While i am tring to use spray function also same error coming.

Please help me to eradicate this.

Many Thanks,
Manikandan N
Attachments
Library_function_error.PNG
Error occurs while using Library file function
(32.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Daniel_mani

Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:26 pm Change Time Zone

Hello Manikandan,

Thank you for the additional details. It looks like the issue you are getting is being caused by a major version mismatch between your client tools version (v7.0.0) and your server side version of the platform (v6.2.10).

For instance: in v7.0.0, the ECL function RenameLogicalFile() under File.ecl expects two input parameters, whereas in v6.2.10, the same fuction receives a third default input parameter, hence the first error message in your ECL IDE Syntax Errors panel.

To avoid such issues, ideally, you should use a client tools version matching (or at least matching the major release) of the server side version. In your case, you can either install a v6.2.10 client tools on your PC https://d2wulyp08c6njk.cloudfront.net/releases/CE-Candidate-6.2.10/bin/clienttools/hpccsystems-clienttools-community_6.2.10-1Windows-i386.exe or upgrade the server side version to v7.0.0 https://hpccsystems.com/download/archive/version?v=7.0.0-1- the later being the preferred option.

HTH,
HugoW
hwatanuki

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:38 am Change Time Zone

Hi HugoW,
Thanks a lot for the timely help in all the time.

As you guided i have updated the client tool with the servion version.So it is working fine now.

Once again Thanks for your response and a digital Hug :) :D .

Regards,
Manikandan N
Daniel_mani

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:46 pm Change Time Zone

Hi HugoW,

Can i know about the Independent work flow service with a simple example please.
So i can understand easily.If you can please attach the graph details before and after the independent service used.

Thanks,
Manikandan N
Daniel_mani

Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:02 pm Change Time Zone

Hello Manikandan,

I am glad that your platform setup is working fine now.

As for the query on the INDEPENDENT workflow service, the simplest and best example to understand its functioning, in my opinion, is the one provided in the ECL Language reference and that compares the GLOBAL and INDEPEDENT workflow services. See the self-explanatory code example below (you can copy and paste it directly on your ECL IDE to play with it):

Code: Select all
I := RANDOM() : INDEPENDENT;  //calculated once, period
G := RANDOM() : GLOBAL;       //calculated once in each graph

ds :=
  DATASET([{1,0,0,0},{2,0,0,0}],{UNSIGNED1 rec,UNSIGNED Ival, UNSIGNED Gval , UNSIGNED Aval });

RECORDOF(ds) XF(ds L) := TRANSFORM
  SELF.Ival := I;
  SELF.Gval := G;
  SELF.Aval := RANDOM();     //calculated each time used
  SELF := L;
END;

P1 := PROJECT(ds,XF(left)) : PERSIST('~RTTEST::PERSIST::IndependentVsGlobal1');
P2 := PROJECT(ds,XF(left)) : PERSIST('~RTTEST::PERSIST::IndependentVsGlobal2');

OUTPUT(P1);   
OUTPUT(P2);  //this gets the same Ival values as P1, but the Gval value is different than P1

I also find this forum question very useful as well: https://hpccsystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2094&p=8992&hilit=independent#p8992

Lastly, in case interested in knowing more about the ECL syntax and functioning, I suggest that you raise such questions on the specific ECL channel of the forum https://hpccsystems.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=8 (the current "Contributors" channel you are using is a place for developers to ask questions about contributing to the open source code base). That way the discussions around ECL will get stored in their proper location and will get contributions from the proper individuals as well ;)

HTH,
HugoW
hwatanuki

Return to Contributors