Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:37 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

WS documentation

A place for developers to ask questions about contributing to the open source code base

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:41 pm Change Time Zone

I was looking at the Web Services (WsDfu, WsWorkunits, FileSpray, etc.). While a couple of web services have a form to enter sample parameters to figure out how the service works (FileSpray and ws_account), WsDfu, WsWorkunits and WsTopology do not. Is there any documentation on the web services (other than going through the code)?
soumyadip

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:38 pm Change Time Zone

Thanks for the inquiry, this topic is under consideration by the HPCC team, and we will keep you posted.

Bob
bforeman
Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:45 pm Change Time Zone

Thanks a lot Bob, I'll look forward to the documentation. Meanwhile, I'll root around in the code to figure out as much as I can.
soumyadip

Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:34 pm Change Time Zone

FYI - If you open ECL Watch in a web browser open the "Debugging/Network" tab, you can see what params it passes to the various ESP services to do "things".

Further - You could similarly sniff the network calls that the IDE makes.

Further Still: If you look at the Eclipse Plugins sources (on gut hub), you will find a WSDL generated SOAP client layer which is making the calls...

Gordon.
gsmith

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:30 pm Change Time Zone

Yes, I guess I should make Fiddler my friend. Thanks a ton Gordon for reminding me about the Eclipse plugin source code.
soumyadip

Return to Contributors