Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:53 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

VS Code Setup - Improved Extension

Topics around the use of the VS Code & Eclipse plugins

Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:10 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,

I just installed VS Code along with the ECL extension, but it does not look like the result viewer feature that was added recently is working for me. I am able to submit a workunit to a specific target cluster, and I am able to see the results out on the ECL Watch page. However, I am unable to see the results within VS Code. Please see attachments.

Curious about whether there is some special setting that I am supposed to set in order to get that feature to be active.

Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
ResultsViewer.jpg
(14.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet
WUResults.jpg
(13.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
flyer

Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:33 am Change Time Zone

Thanks - What server version are you targeting?

Can you reproduce when you target: https://play.hpccsystems.com:18010/
gsmith

Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:54 pm Change Time Zone

Hi gmith,

I was not able to reproduce the issue using the target you provided and I think I figured out why.

Currently, I have two configurations for target servers: Dataland/Production. For security purposes, I chose to not have my password in the launch.json file. I left it empty so that every time I logged in VSCode and wanted to submit a workunit, I would be prompted to enter the password (See attachment). However, I learned that if I do that, the server does not appear to send a response back. If I keep the password in the launch.json file, I no longer see the issue with the result viewer. I am able to see results.

Is this behavior expected?

Thanks.
Attachments
launch.json.ss.jpg
(9.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
flyer

Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:10 pm Change Time Zone

No its not expected.

FWIW The result page you see in VSCode is hosted in a different process to VSCode itself, so I pass in all the "settings" as params and I bet I am bypassing the cached pw in memory and pulling from the launch config (which is empty).

Well spotted - will try and get a fix out ASAP.
gsmith

Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:51 pm Change Time Zone

FYI I just pushed a fix to the VS Code Extension Marketplace (v2.8.0)
gsmith

Return to VS Code and Eclipse IDE