Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:51 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

I'm trying to get the Eclipse plugin offline

Topics around the use of the VS Code & Eclipse plugins

Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:42 pm Change Time Zone

The installation instructions for the Eclipse plugin to be installed in Eclipse from the website:

http://eclipse.hpccsystems.com/stable

The problem is that I need to bring this into a secure area so I don't have direct access to the website through the internet. I tried faking it by downloading the file "site.xml" from that website and seeing that it referenced:

features/ECL_Language_4.2.0.101.jar

So I copied the jar file and the "site.xml" file to my computer and tried installing it locally. It almost worked but it bombed saying that it was missing a resource called:

org.apache.axis 0.0.0

Is there anyway that I can get all the files I need in a zip file so that I can bring it into my site?
BenJones

Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:25 pm Change Time Zone

Hmmm - that is a little bit tricky as one of the nice things about the eclipse package system is that it looks after all the dependencies automatically.

Now having that said that, I _think_ that the "Axis2 Tools" is the only additional package you will need and you can probably use the same trick to get the correct version as you did for the ECL Plugin.

FWIW here is the calculated dependencies for the ECL Plugin:
javax.xml.rpc
org.apache.axis
org.eclipse.core.runtime
org.eclipse.ui,
org.eclipse.ui.console,
org.eclipse.ui.editors,
org.eclipse.ui.ide,
org.eclipse.ui.navigator,
org.eclipse.ui.views,
org.eclipse.core.runtime,
org.eclipse.help,
org.eclipse.jdt.ui,
org.eclipse.jface.text,
org.eclipse.debug.ui,
org.eclipse.core.resources
gsmith

Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:33 pm Change Time Zone

Thought -

1. Take a printout of the contents of your eclipse/plugins folder within the secure zone.
2. Setup a similar install outside your secure zone and install the ECL Plugin there.
3. Compare the contents of the eclipse/plugins folder with the one in the secure zone.
4. Take a copy of the missing packages to the secure zone

(easy for me to say as I have no idea of how you get approval for eclipse packages - alternatively you could just take the entire eclipse folder, it amounts to the same thing from a security point of view I would have thought?)
gsmith

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:29 pm Change Time Zone

We can bring things into the secure environment but JAR, EXE, DLL, etc. but they have to be quarantined and thoroughly scanned first to make sure they don't contain malware. That is why we don't have a direct connection.

Anyway, we have other packages which were already brought it. For example, the Subclipse plugin for SVN. I looked at its directory and saw "site.xml", "artifacts.xml", and "features.xml". I tried accessing site.xml on your website and found it but it only contained one reference, to the "features/ECL_Language_4.2.0.101.jar" file. I tried to see if there were the other XML files I saw in in the Subclipse folder but couldn't find them. I don't have direct access to your website of course and don't know what other file names Eclipse might try to access. If you can tell me what other files are contained in your website, I can easily download them.
BenJones

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:35 pm Change Time Zone

Apologies I was under the impression you had already grabbed the packages.

I have copied the contents of the update site to: http://1drv.ms/1bRCf0U let me know if you need anything else...
gsmith

Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:25 pm Change Time Zone

I don't seem to be able to access the website you specified:

http://1drv.ms/1bRCf0U
BenJones

Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:52 pm Change Time Zone

Let me know where you would like me to send it to (the file upload limit here is too small)...
gsmith

Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:55 pm Change Time Zone

BenJones

Return to VS Code and Eclipse IDE