Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:32 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Exception During Launch Config Change Notification

Topics around the use of the VS Code & Eclipse plugins

Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:46 am Change Time Zone

Trying to get up and running and am having problems submitting jobs to either of our clusters.

I read through every Eclipse, OSX, and Eclipse+OSX thread I could find here and haven't seen anything like this. When I go to congifure a "run as..." server config, the test works fine, recognizes the cluster and my eclcc, however, when I pulled up the error log, I found the following messages repeatedly:

Message: An exception occurred during launch configuration change notification.

Stack Trace:
Code: Select all
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access
   at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4441)
   at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4356)
   at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4327)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Widget.java:783)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.checkWidget(Widget.java:574)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Combo.getText(Combo.java:949)
   at org.hpccsystems.eclide.editors.ECLEditorToolbar.refreshServers(ECLEditorToolbar.java:191)
   at org.hpccsystems.eclide.editors.ECLEditorToolbar.refreshServers(ECLEditorToolbar.java:214)
   at org.hpccsystems.eclide.editors.ECLEditorToolbar.access$4(ECLEditorToolbar.java:212)
   at org.hpccsystems.eclide.editors.ECLEditorToolbar$4.launchConfigurationChanged(ECLEditorToolbar.java:116)
   at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchManager$ConfigurationNotifier.run(LaunchManager.java:229)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
   at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchManager$ConfigurationNotifier.notify(LaunchManager.java:209)
   at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfigurationWorkingCopy.setDirty(LaunchConfigurationWorkingCopy.java:552)
   at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfigurationWorkingCopy.setAttribute(LaunchConfigurationWorkingCopy.java:425)
   at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1221)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

and

Message:Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.debug.core".

Stack Trace:
Code: Select all
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access
   at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4441)
   at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4356)
   at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4327)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Widget.java:783)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.checkWidget(Widget.java:574)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Combo.getText(Combo.java:949)
   at org.hpccsystems.eclide.editors.ECLEditorToolbar.refreshServers(ECLEditorToolbar.java:191)
   at org.hpccsystems.eclide.editors.ECLEditorToolbar.refreshServers(ECLEditorToolbar.java:214)
   at org.hpccsystems.eclide.editors.ECLEditorToolbar.access$4(ECLEditorToolbar.java:212)
   at org.hpccsystems.eclide.editors.ECLEditorToolbar$4.launchConfigurationChanged(ECLEditorToolbar.java:116)
   at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchManager$ConfigurationNotifier.run(LaunchManager.java:229)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
   at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchManager$ConfigurationNotifier.notify(LaunchManager.java:209)
   at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfigurationWorkingCopy.setDirty(LaunchConfigurationWorkingCopy.java:552)
   at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfigurationWorkingCopy.setAttribute(LaunchConfigurationWorkingCopy.java:425)
   at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1221)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Any ideas?
benhastings

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:50 am Change Time Zone

Can you add some steps to reproduce.

Also if you could attach a screenshot of your configuration page that might show something...
gsmith

Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:37 pm Change Time Zone

I was having problems, then tried reading through everything and finally started with a fresh eclipse installation and new ecl clienttools yesterday.

All I have to do to get those errors is to go to the "run as" configuration screen and select "run" from there and the errors occur.

I've also included the console output... it looks likt it's _trying_ to do something!

Run_Configurations_and_ECL_Development_ECLCC.png
clienttools config
(238.32 KiB) Downloaded 1336 times

errors.png
errors pane
(136.63 KiB) Downloaded 1336 times
benhastings

Return to VS Code and Eclipse IDE