Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:14 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Please Note: The HPCC Systems forums are moving to Stack Overflow. We invite you to post your questions on Stack Overflow utilizing the tag hpcc-ecl (https://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=hpcc-ecl). This legacy forum will be active and monitored during our transition to Stack Overflow but will become read only beginning September 1, 2022.

Eclipse plugin with GIT repository

Topics around the use of the VS Code & Eclipse plugins

Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:57 pm Change Time Zone

I am in the process of migrating our source code out of MySQL to a git repository. This work is complete with a repository hosted within our LN gitlab site and I have created a local repository connected to this remote repository. I have been able to transfer all the code out of MySQL using mysql2git and populated the repository.

I then opened up eclipse and opened the git repository where the attributes (code) is stored and created a ECL Project (convert to ECL project) - the compiler takes off checking syntax on all the files (there is a lot) - but in the end I have lots and lots of syntax errors and they all appear to be related to import statements not being found. For example - not able to locate and use thorlib. I see the file within the project folder but it is not resolved. My guess is my compiler on my windows machine is not configured correctly but I cannot find any information on this.

As a simple example I created a hello_world.ecl file with a simple assignment from the thorlib attribute to show the syntax error.

9-7-2016 12-59-41 PM.png
Screen shot
(113.23 KiB) Downloaded 555 times

Need some guidance on my compiler setup perhaps?
9-7-2016 1-55-27 PM.png
Eclipse screen shot
(157 KiB) Downloaded 555 times
clanderson

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:30 pm Change Time Zone

If you add the "-legacy" option to the "common" section, it should resolve this (I would suggest you then go through an update your sources to the new $. syntax so you can remove the legacy option.
gsmith

Return to VS Code and Eclipse IDE