Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:30 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Eclipse plugin with GIT repository

Topics around the use of the VS Code & Eclipse plugins

Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:57 pm Change Time Zone

I am in the process of migrating our source code out of MySQL to a git repository. This work is complete with a repository hosted within our LN gitlab site and I have created a local repository connected to this remote repository. I have been able to transfer all the code out of MySQL using mysql2git and populated the repository.

I then opened up eclipse and opened the git repository where the attributes (code) is stored and created a ECL Project (convert to ECL project) - the compiler takes off checking syntax on all the files (there is a lot) - but in the end I have lots and lots of syntax errors and they all appear to be related to import statements not being found. For example - not able to locate and use thorlib. I see the file within the project folder but it is not resolved. My guess is my compiler on my windows machine is not configured correctly but I cannot find any information on this.

As a simple example I created a hello_world.ecl file with a simple assignment from the thorlib attribute to show the syntax error.

9-7-2016 12-59-41 PM.png
Screen shot
(113.23 KiB) Downloaded 555 times

Need some guidance on my compiler setup perhaps?
9-7-2016 1-55-27 PM.png
Eclipse screen shot
(157 KiB) Downloaded 555 times
clanderson

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:30 pm Change Time Zone

If you add the "-legacy" option to the "common" section, it should resolve this (I would suggest you then go through an update your sources to the new $. syntax so you can remove the legacy option.
gsmith

Return to VS Code and Eclipse IDE