Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:18 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Can I use JDBC driver to connect Pentaho with HPCC

Topics around the use of the JDBC driver for HPCC Systems

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:56 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,

I wonder if I can connect Pentaho with HPCC using JDBC driver. Which database selection should I choose? Will the Generic Database work? What should the customer URL be?

Thank you very much.
wei xu

Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:12 pm Change Time Zone

I've not used the JDBC driver but we have developed some plugins that allow you to interface Pentaho Spoon with HPCC directly. Which part of the Pentaho suite are you using?
joe.chambers

Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:21 pm Change Time Zone

Yes, you can connect Pentaho with HPCC using JDBC driver. To do it:

Select 'Generic database' as Connection Type

Custom Connection URL:
jdbc:hpcc:ServerAddress=<server ip address>;Cluster=default:WsECLDirectPort=8008:EclResultLimit=100:QuerySet=thor:LazyLoad=true:PageSize=100:LogDebug=true:

Custom Driver Class Name:
org.hpccsystems.jdbcdriver.HPCCDriver
mnaweed

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:19 pm Change Time Zone

Thank you,mnaweed.

It works. And I wonder if there is any parameters I can control to see all the results or see the recent results output by HPCC?

Thank you for your help.

mnaweed wrote:Yes, you can connect Pentaho with HPCC using JDBC driver. To do it:

Custom Connection URL:
jdbc:hpcc:ServerAddress=<server ip address>;Cluster=default:WsECLDirectPort=8008:EclResultLimit=100:QuerySet=thor:LazyLoad=true:PageSize=100:LogDebug=true:

wei xu

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:56 pm Change Time Zone

The driver returns the results of the requested query but It'll not store the results so you'll not be able to see the previous queries results.

You can control the some information using the parameters. I suggest you refer to the following document for more information:
http://cdn.hpccsystems.com/install/jdbc ... 2beta1.pdf

wei xu wrote:Thank you,mnaweed.

It works. And I wonder if there is any parameters I can control to see all the results or see the recent results output by HPCC?

Thank you for your help.

mnaweed wrote:Yes, you can connect Pentaho with HPCC using JDBC driver. To do it:

Custom Connection URL:

mnaweed

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:20 pm Change Time Zone

In particular, take a look at the EclResultLimit connection parameter. By default it is set to return the first 100 result records. You can set this parameter to 'ALL'.

mnaweed wrote:The driver returns the results of the requested query but It'll not store the results so you'll not be able to see the previous queries results.

You can control the some information using the parameters. I suggest you refer to the following document for more information:
http://cdn.hpccsystems.com/install/jdbc ... 2beta1.pdf

wei xu wrote:Thank you,mnaweed.

Thank you for your help.

Custom Connection URL:

rodrigo.pastrana@lexisnexis.com

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:30 pm Change Time Zone

I went into this problem that when I connecting to the HPCC, I can see the available table list,but when I add it, I could not see the fields. Please see the attached screenshot.

rodrigo.pastrana@lexisnexis.com wrote:In particular, take a look at the EclResultLimit connection parameter. By default it is set to return the first 100 result records. You can set this parameter to 'ALL'.
Attachments
no fields.PNG
screenshot of 'not seeing fields'
(112.4 KiB) Downloaded 1472 times
wei xu

Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:01 pm Change Time Zone

What tool are you using?
mnaweed

Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:08 pm Change Time Zone

Pentaho User Console.

mnaweed wrote:What tool are you using?
wei xu

Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:20 pm Change Time Zone

Actually, I was trying to replicate what you are doing on my side. I use Pentaho(Spoon) but I am not seeing the Database wizard you are using. Let me know how to get to it in Spoon.

One thing that we noticed. On the Wizard, the image seems to indicate that Pentaho will show the 'Keys' in the box's. If so, HPCC dont define Primary/forign keys hence they'll be blank.

Check the log files for any errors being returned by the JDBC driver and let us know if you see any.

wei xu wrote:Pentaho User Console.

mnaweed wrote:What tool are you using?
mnaweed

Next

Return to Java Tools