Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:06 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Please Note: The HPCC Systems forums are moving to Stack Overflow. We invite you to post your questions on Stack Overflow utilizing the tag hpcc-ecl (https://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=hpcc-ecl). This legacy forum will be active and monitored during our transition to Stack Overflow but will become read only beginning September 1, 2022.

Can I use JDBC driver to connect Pentaho with HPCC

Topics around the use of the JDBC driver for HPCC Systems

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:54 pm Change Time Zone

Thank you for your help. And I tried Pentaho Spoon and I can see the tables. Do not know where is the data source wizard. I wonder if I want to draw pictures out of the table output by HPCC, is there a way to do it in Spoon. What kind of document I should check?

Thank you very much.

mnaweed wrote:Actually, I was trying to replicate what you are doing on my side. I use Pentaho(Spoon) but I am not seeing the Database wizard you are using. Let me know how to get to it in Spoon.

One thing that we noticed. On the Wizard, the image seems to indicate that Pentaho will show the 'Keys' in the box's. If so, HPCC dont define Primary/forign keys hence they'll be blank.

Check the log files for any errors being returned by the JDBC driver and let us know if you see any.

wei xu wrote:Pentaho User Console.

mnaweed wrote:What tool are you using?
wei xu

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:52 pm Change Time Zone

On Spoon UI, Click on 'Tools' menu item. you have the Wizards and other database options available.

Google 'getting started with pentaho data integration' for good documentation.
mnaweed

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:58 pm Change Time Zone

Hi, I wonder if I can use spoon to create a dashboard? I use pentaho console because it can help to create a dashboard.

Here is the screen short I get when use pentaho user console to connect HPCC. Do you have any idea that what the schema called HPCC System means? And why there seems one file name repeats twice under the available table ?

mnaweed wrote:On Spoon UI, Click on 'Tools' menu item. you have the Wizards and other database options available.

Attachments
PROBLEM.png
(74.48 KiB) Downloaded 1384 times
wei xu

Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:03 pm Change Time Zone

What name did you give to the Database Connection?

wei xu wrote:Hi, I wonder if I can use spoon to create a dashboard? I use pentaho console because it can help to create a dashboard.

Here is the screen short I get when use pentaho user console to connect HPCC. Do you have any idea that what the schema called HPCC System means? And why there seems one file name repeats twice under the available table ?

mnaweed wrote:On Spoon UI, Click on 'Tools' menu item. you have the Wizards and other database options available.

mnaweed

Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:17 pm Change Time Zone

The name is hpcctry. The screen shot is showed below. And also the problem is that I can not get the table. The pentaho seems updateing data source and then runs forever.

mnaweed wrote:What name did you give to the Database Connection?

wei xu wrote:Hi, I wonder if I can use spoon to create a dashboard? I use pentaho console because it can help to create a dashboard.

Attachments
hpcc database connection.PNG
(48.35 KiB) Downloaded 1383 times
wei xu

Previous

Return to Java Tools