Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:12 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Regarding ML ideas in GSOC'15

This forum is for topics related to the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) projects and the HPCC Systems Intern program.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:29 pm Change Time Zone

I am starting to learn the ECL language and also want to participate in GSOC'15.So I was going through the ML algorithms listed on the github page,and I want to clarify something.The inclusion of adjusted Rsquared ( [https://wiki.hpccsystems.com/display/hpcc/Add+new+statistics+to+the+Linear+and+Logistic+Regression+Modules] ) is asked in the GSOC ideas page and the codebase (the OLS regression one) already has a Rsquared in it.Right?
:D
sayan6

Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:10 pm Change Time Zone

We may change the formula for the OLS Rsquared. The decision is being worked-on now.

If we decide NOT to change the formula then there will be one less statistic to implement.
tlhumphrey2

Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:13 pm Change Time Zone

Thank you Sir,that was helpful. :D
I have another query,so I sent you a mail a few days back regarding the SVM classifier inclusion in addition to the statistical tests.So on a side note,I am curious to know whether the mentor team is thinking on this topic to be included in the ideas list,
such that this idea can be worked upon after the primary ideas are being executed.
Thank you again for your help. :D
sayan6

Return to Student Programs