Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:56 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Machine Learning Algorithms in GSOC 2015

This forum is for topics related to the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) projects and the HPCC Systems Intern program.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:18 am Change Time Zone

Hi guys,
I wanted to contribute in Implementation of Gravitational Clustering in GSOC 2015.

I am familiar with basic Machine Learning algorithm and have Implemented SVM and Nueral Network from scratch in C++ and python.Apart from that I have created my own Machine Learning algorithm which recently have been selected in Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernatics for publication for producing better result in minimum time when compared to algorithm like SVR and other.

After going through your wiki I found that your codes are developed on ECL Language, Can you clarify what difficulty I would face, If I don't know the basic of this language.

Please suggest me place where I can learn more about ECL.

Kumar Shubham :D

Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:46 pm Change Time Zone

We have some online ECL training course that you can take for free. They can be found on this website here: ... ng-classes. You will need to register to take a class.

Advanced classes are also available. If you whizz through the beginner class and want to progress further, you will need to get a promotional code to take the advanced class for free. You will need to provide proof of your student status. Contact for the code.

If you haven't done this already, go to the ideas page for the ML projects we have on offer here:

You will find more information and contact details for the mentors overseeing these projects.

Good luck!

Return to Student Programs