Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:26 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

eclplus and IMPORT

Comments and questions related to the Enterprise Control Language

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:56 am Change Time Zone

The way you access source code is slightly difference from the legacy system that many users may be familiar with.

If you have all your source code local, you use eclcc to compile the source locally, and can use the -I option to indicate where the source files are located.

eclplus is used to submit the query to a remote server - which generally won't be on the same machine, and won't have access to those local sources. In this case you need to use eclcc to create an archive (which encapsulates all the sources used by your query into a single file), and then submit that archive using eclplus.

E.g.,
Code: Select all
eclcc myQuery.ecl -I myExtraSources -E -output myQuery.eclxml
eclplus ecl=@myQuery.eclxml

The -E option on eclcc indicates that the output should be an archive file. By default the archive is output to stdout, but it often simpler to output it to a local file, and then submit that to eclplus. You can avoid the temporary file by piping the archive into eclplus. The command should be

Code: Select all
eclcc myQuery.ecl -I myExtraSources -E | eclplus

Using separate steps avoids submitting workunits if there are syntax errors.

If you are using the enterprise edition, with a central source repository, you would submit just the source file, since the remote server can directly pull the required dependencies.
ghalliday
Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:05 pm Change Time Zone

Thanks, Gavin, that clears it up. I'm able to compile with eclcc and execute with eclplus.
aintnomyth

Previous

Return to ECL