Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:55 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

ECL Compiler issue on MacOS Sierra

Comments and questions related to the Enterprise Control Language

Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:41 pm Change Time Zone

Hi everyone,

I'm having some problems with the ECL compiler locally, basically, when I try to compile anything, it takes a really long time(1-2 minutes) to do so. I noticed this annoying problem when I was using eclipse so I decided to investigate more and I figured out that this problem is not something related to eclipse or to the eclipse plugin but maybe is something weird with the compiler on Mac.

This is my configuration:

Mac OS 10.12.2
    OpenSSL 0.9.8zh 14 Jan 2016
    eclcc --version 6.2.6 community_6.2.6-1

This is how I'm testing it. I created a sample ECL in /tmp with just an output. So my ECL file looks like this:
Code: Select all
OUTPUT('Hello world');

Then I go to /opt/HPCCSystems/6.2.6/clienttools/bin/ and run the command time ./eclcc /tmp/hello.ecl and it takes a long time to run. This is the output I get:

LOGGING: could not open file '/opt/HPCCSystems/6.2.6/clienttools/bin/eclcc.log' for output
Error: LOGGING: could not open file '/opt/HPCCSystems/6.2.6/clienttools/bin/eclcc.log' for output

real 1m0.582s
user 0m0.010s
sys 0m0.009s

So it is taking 1 minute to compile just an output :(

I tried other client tools version but I see the same thing, I tested the versions:

A colleague at work is not using OS Sierra and he is not having any issues, this is his setup:

OS El Capitain
    eclcc 5.4.2
    OpenSSL 1.0.2a 19 Mar 2015

Do you guys know what I'm missing? Maybe is some sort of issue with the default OpenSSL version of MacOS 10.12.2?

Return to ECL