Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:12 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Std.File,Copy ForcePush := TRUE

Comments and questions related to the Enterprise Control Language

Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:32 pm Change Time Zone

I am trying to use Std.File.Copy to copy a file across different environments. I want to use ForcePush := TRUE, as opposed to pulling. I can't find an example of this that shows how the other parameters should change (like does sourceDali become targetDali?) and my tests have failed. Can someone provide an example or explanation, please?
janet.anderson

Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:13 pm Change Time Zone

Janet,

I spoke with the developer now responsible for this function, who said that this is either a bug or has never worked.

Please report this in JIRA, so you can follow the progress.

HTH,

Richard
rtaylor
Community Advisory Board Member

Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:24 pm Change Time Zone

Pushing logical files to another environment isn't supported.
To copy logical files between environments, the copy commands must be run on the target environment, and point to the source Dali where the source logical file resides.

The 'forcePush' is not related to logical file copies between environment, but rather how physical files are copied/sprayed/desprayed within an environment.
It's really an implementation detail, and should not be used. It determines (within an environment) whether the processes involved in a copy, are run on the source nodes, or the target nodes, and therefore whether they are reading or writing(pushing).

Hope that helps.
jsmith

Return to ECL