Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:52 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Please Note: The HPCC Systems forums are moving to Stack Overflow. We invite you to post your questions on Stack Overflow utilizing the tag hpcc-ecl (https://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=hpcc-ecl). This legacy forum will be active and monitored during our transition to Stack Overflow but will become read only beginning September 1, 2022.

Query about using translateDFSlayouts option.

Comments and questions related to the Enterprise Control Language

Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:07 pm Change Time Zone

Hello Everyone,

When I am using the following option in a BWR, I get an "OUTPUT() appears to be context dependent - this may cause a dataset not active error"

#OPTION('translateDFSlayouts',TRUE);

In the output statement I am using the dataset which I am preparing in the BWR. I am writing this dataset to a CSV logical file.

The reason of me using this option is there will be scenarios when the logical files on HPCC would have an updated layout (logical file prepared by a different team) and the code would not have those changes (while I am running the code) while reading the logical file. So to avoid an error while reading logical files in case of layout mismatch, I am using this option.

Is there a specific way of using this option ? Should I be considering something while using it ?

Thanks and regards,
Akhilesh Badhri.
akhileshbadhri

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:02 am Change Time Zone

The cause is likely to be only indirectly associated with that #option. It is most likely to be some code that precedes that #option or something related.

It may also depend on which version of the platform you are using (if a bug has been fixed). Probably the best approach is to create a bug report on https://track.hpccsystems.com/ and include an archive of the query that fails.
ghalliday
Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Return to ECL