Mon May 23, 2022 1:38 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Query about using translateDFSlayouts option.

Comments and questions related to the Enterprise Control Language

Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:07 pm Change Time Zone

Hello Everyone,

When I am using the following option in a BWR, I get an "OUTPUT() appears to be context dependent - this may cause a dataset not active error"

#OPTION('translateDFSlayouts',TRUE);

In the output statement I am using the dataset which I am preparing in the BWR. I am writing this dataset to a CSV logical file.

The reason of me using this option is there will be scenarios when the logical files on HPCC would have an updated layout (logical file prepared by a different team) and the code would not have those changes (while I am running the code) while reading the logical file. So to avoid an error while reading logical files in case of layout mismatch, I am using this option.

Is there a specific way of using this option ? Should I be considering something while using it ?

Thanks and regards,
Akhilesh Badhri.
akhileshbadhri

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:02 am Change Time Zone

The cause is likely to be only indirectly associated with that #option. It is most likely to be some code that precedes that #option or something related.

It may also depend on which version of the platform you are using (if a bug has been fixed). Probably the best approach is to create a bug report on https://track.hpccsystems.com/ and include an archive of the query that fails.
ghalliday
Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Return to ECL