Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:51 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Please Note: The HPCC Systems forums are moving to Stack Overflow. We invite you to post your questions on Stack Overflow utilizing the tag hpcc-ecl (https://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=hpcc-ecl). This legacy forum will be active and monitored during our transition to Stack Overflow but will become read only beginning September 1, 2022.

Shortcut keys stop working in ECL IDE

Topics specific to the use of the ECL IDE

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:26 am Change Time Zone

The issue that was fixed had very specific steps to reproduce (switching tab to the Graph page did it if I remember correctly) - if you have similar steps please post them here and I will take look.
gsmith

Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:04 pm Change Time Zone

Did more testing on this.
I confirmed on my own instance (my workstation, my installs, etc.) that your test does, in fact, generate the dropping of shortcut keys.

I used inline data, generated several workunits, single BWR window, hit "everything" in WU results, even ECL Watch and graphs within, except the ECL IDE Graph tab - all with no problems.
Only when I hit the ECL IDE Graph tab (not within ECL Watch) - it immediately killed shortcut keys.
This was with 4.2.2 ECL IDE.

I could *not* get the test to drop shortcut keys with ECL IDE v. 5.0.4-1.

I'll see if others near me see similar behavior, with 4.2.2. If so, then we have a workaround, until we get to another version.

(We're also seeing issues with graph controls... different story...)

Thanks for the help, Gordon.
jwilt

Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:54 am Change Time Zone

Also you can use the 4.2.2 ClientTools with the 5.0.4 IDE (on a per config basis), which my help?
gsmith

Previous

Return to ECL IDE