Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:29 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

WARNING: SOAP 1.1 fault: SOAP-ENV:Client[no subcode]

Topics specific to the use of the ECL IDE

Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:23 pm Change Time Zone

I'm seeing an odd warning in the Error Log as soon as I login.

WARNING: SOAP 1.1 fault: SOAP-ENV:Client[no subcode]
    "An HTTP processing error occurred"
    Detail: [no detail]
    Repository.cpp(345)

I'm currently using version community_5.0.0-1 with the 5.0 compiler and VM, but I had the same issue when I used version 4.2.2.

In the ECL IDE Preferences
    Server: 192.168.88.129 (SSL and Adavanced are unchecked)
    Compiler: Default compiler points to C:\Program Files (x86)\HPCCSystems\5.0.0\clienttools\bin\eclcc.exe (tried clicking Reset a few times)
I'm using VMware Player 6.0.1 build-1379776. The host is Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1. The VM settings are:
    Memory: 4GB
    Processors: 2
    HDD: 80 GB
    CD/DVD: Auto Detect
    Network Adapter: Host-only (it was NAT by default but I changed it to Host-only, didn't help)
    Network Adapter 2: Host-only
    Display: Auto Detect

Also, and possibly related, the IDE crashes frequently when I expand a folder in the Repository window.

Any ideas?
aintnomyth

Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:36 pm Change Time Zone

The IDE crashes in the repository have been reported fixed in HPCC 5.0. If you still see them in 5.0, you should open an issue in the Community Issue Tracker and then post the crash logs.

I've been told that the SOAP Warning you mention is harmless. During training, I will have the students simply close the Error Log window as these warnings can sometimes be a distraction. It also leaves more room for the more important Syntax Errors :-)

As in ECL, warnings are more informational and actual errors are more important.

I have passed this on to the ECL IDE developer.

Regards,

Bob
bforeman
Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:40 pm Change Time Zone

aintnomyth wrote:Also, and possibly related, the IDE crashes frequently when I expand a folder in the Repository window.

Any ideas?
gsmith

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:43 pm Change Time Zone

aintnomyth wrote:Also, and possibly related, the IDE crashes frequently when I expand a folder in the Repository window.

Any ideas?

I am getting a report that one person is getting the "Expand a folder" crash _only_ if they are running "Snagit" - I don't suppose you happen to be running Snagit (or some other screen capture/monitor type application)?

(Unfortunately I have been unable to reproduce on my machine making it near impossible to diagnose)
gsmith

Return to ECL IDE