Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:09 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Pause vs Abort in ESP

Topics specific to the use of the ECL IDE

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:21 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,

I have been running a query for quite some time on a thor. I see a lot of queries queued in that thor. I would like to know if pausing my query will release the resources that it was using in that thor so that the other queries could use those resources (I intend to resume my query later when the thor is free)

Thank you,
Vikram
vikram

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:42 pm Change Time Zone

I don't think Pause will free Resources, it will simply stop your job and allow others to complete.

A better practice would be to add PERSIST to key places in your job, and then if you have to Abort, restarting the job will pick up from the last valid PERSIST.

Regards,

Bob
bforeman
Community Advisory Board Member

Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:55 pm Change Time Zone

Thanks Bob!
vikram

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:21 am Change Time Zone

I have been running a query for quite some time on a thor. I see a lot of queries queued in that thor. I would like to know if pausing my query will release the resources that it was using in that thor so that the other queries could use those resources (I intend to resume my query later when the thor is free)

anwaar ali
anwaar ali

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:00 pm Change Time Zone

It will allow other jobs to complete, but your job will not release any resources, it is just paused or suspended. Abort will release resources.
bforeman

Return to ECL IDE