Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:25 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Autocomplete stops at level-1

Topics specific to the use of the ECL IDE

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:10 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,

i worked through the Tutorial and recognized, that the IDE's autocomplete function stops at the first layer.

I type
Code: Select all
STD.

the autocomplete function correctly displays now Audit, BundleBase, ...
if i choose one of them and type the typical 'dot' i wont get any further information, such as STD.Str. [...] (no autocomplete appears here).

Is this a Bug or a configuration problem? thx!
NSD

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:49 pm Change Time Zone

This is a known issue and logged in the Community Issue Tracker:

https://track.hpccsystems.com/browse/EPE-38

Regards,

Bob
bforeman
Community Advisory Board Member

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:59 pm Change Time Zone

NSD,

Notice that if you choose System from your STD. droplist that the auto-complete DOES show you the next level below that. That's because System is a directory containing files (as you can see in the Repository tree -- STD is under "ecllibrary"), so it shows you the list of those files from which to choose.

The rest are all just .ECL files containing function prototypes for use in your ECL code. What the auto-complete feature does not yet do is parse through those files to present you with a list of the EXPORT definitions from the file. That's what the JIRA feature request ticket Bob mentioned is all about.

If you want to know what Standard Library functions are available, you can look in the Standard Library Reference (complete in the F1 help file, or downloadable as a separate PDF). You can also look in the code files themselves in the Repository tree. Most of the functions in there do have javadoc descriptions along with the code.

HTH,

Richard
rtaylor

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:49 pm Change Time Zone

thank you, found the ECL-Code for those libs.
NSD

Return to ECL IDE