Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:57 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

ECL Library

Topics specific to the use of the ECL IDE

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:34 pm Change Time Zone

I just downloaded and installed the new version of the IDE and I'm having problems with importing from the ecllibrary.

A quick example: I try to import

Code: Select all
IMPORT Std.Str AS Str

Checking syntax brings up no errors. However, when submitting workunits a string of errors would be raised because "std" could not be found.
chargil
Community Advisory Board Member

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:53 pm Change Time Zone

I uninstalled the IDE and re-installed and that seemed to have fixed my problems.
chargil

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:56 pm Change Time Zone

chargil wrote:I uninstalled the IDE and re-installed and that seemed to have fixed my problems.

It may have been the default folders has not been set correctly, next time double check login->prefrences->compiler and see if the folders are correct (press reset if needed).

Gordon
gsmith

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:49 pm Change Time Zone

Hello -

I am having the same problems as the OP of this topic, however uninstalling and re-installing the IDE has not fixed my problem with importing from the std library (using string functions). Running version 6.0.4.3.682 of the IDE with compiler 3.0.0 community_3.4.0-1. I've already checked my compiler settings in the preferences tab as well.

Also tested this on another system and it still did not work.

Note: I am running HPCC through VMware.
jkatzen

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:29 pm Change Time Zone

jkatzen wrote:Hello -

I am having the same problems as the OP of this topic, however uninstalling and re-installing the IDE has not fixed my problem with importing from the std library (using string functions). Running version 6.0.4.3.682 of the IDE with compiler 3.0.0 community_3.4.0-1. I've already checked my compiler settings in the preferences tab as well.

Also tested this on another system and it still did not work.

Note: I am running HPCC through VMware.

Can you post some of the errors?

Also can you do a quick test with:

import std.str as XXXStrXXX and see if that makes any difference?

Thx,

Gordon.
gsmith

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:42 pm Change Time Zone

In a builder window with this code:
IMPORT Std;

hello := 'Hello World';
OUTPUT(std.str.ToUpperCase(hello));

Errors are as follows:
Error: Unknown identifier "StringToTitleCase" (164, 66 - C:\Program Files\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ecllibrary\std\Str.ecl)
Error: Incompatible types: can not assign Integer to String (164, 26 - C:\Program Files\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ecllibrary\std\Str.ecl)
Error: Unknown identifier "CountWords" (248, 115 - C:\Program Files\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ecllibrary\std\Str.ecl)
Error: Unknown identifier "SplitWords" (259, 119 - C:\Program Files\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ecllibrary\std\Str.ecl)
Error: Incompatible types: can not assign Integer to Set of String (259, 32 - C:\Program Files\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ecllibrary\std\Str.ecl)
Error: Unknown identifier "CombineWords" (270, 94 - C:\Program Files\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ecllibrary\std\Str.ecl)
Error: Incompatible types: can not assign Integer to String (270, 27 - C:\Program Files\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ecllibrary\std\Str.ecl)
Error: Unknown identifier "str" (4, 12 - C:\Users\jkatzen\AppData\Local\Temp\TFR7B66.tmp)

Also tried aliasing it with the std.str as XXXStrXXX and it still threw me the same errors:
Error: Unknown identifier "StringToTitleCase" (164, 66 - C:\Program Files\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ecllibrary\std\Str.ecl)
Error: Incompatible types: can not assign Integer to String (164, 26 - C:\Program Files\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ecllibrary\std\Str.ecl)
Error: Unknown identifier "CountWords" (248, 115 - C:\Program Files\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ecllibrary\std\Str.ecl)
Error: Unknown identifier "SplitWords" (259, 119 - C:\Program Files\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ecllibrary\std\Str.ecl)
Error: Incompatible types: can not assign Integer to Set of String (259, 32 - C:\Program Files\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ecllibrary\std\Str.ecl)
Error: Unknown identifier "CombineWords" (270, 94 - C:\Program Files\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ecllibrary\std\Str.ecl)
Error: Incompatible types: can not assign Integer to String (270, 27 - C:\Program Files\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ecllibrary\std\Str.ecl)
Error: Object 'std' does not have a field named 'str' (1, 8 - C:\Users\jkatzen\AppData\Local\Temp\TFR555C.tmp)
Error: Unknown identifier "XXXStrXXX" (4, 8 - C:\Users\jkatzen\AppData\Local\Temp\TFR555C.tmp)

Notes: I have checked the paths and confirmed that Str.ecl is indeed located at C:\Program Files\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ecllibrary\std\Str.ecl
Last edited by jkatzen on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkatzen

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:39 pm Change Time Zone

Hi Jacob,

I just fired up my HPCC VM and the following code executes just fine in a Builder window:

IMPORT STD;
hello := 'hello world';
OUTPUT(std.str.touppercase(hello));

My ECL IDE is 6.0.1.5.682.1

Regards,

Bob
bforeman

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:57 pm Change Time Zone

Sounds like an environment variable didn't get set as part of the install, can you check that:

HPCCBIN=C:\Program Files (x86)\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\

(cmd prompt + type "set HPCCBIN").

If not can you set it and restart the IDE and see if that helps?

(Right click "Computer"->Properties->Advanced System Settings->Advanced->Environment Variables)

Thx,

Gordon.
gsmith

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:06 pm Change Time Zone

set HPCCBIN returns HPCCBIN=C:\Program Files (x86)\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\ as expected.

Going to try an older version of the IDE.

- Jacob
jkatzen

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:09 pm Change Time Zone

Does your path include:
C:\Program Files (x86)\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\
and
C:\Program Files (x86)\HPCC Systems\HPCC\bin\ver_3_0\plugins
gsmith

Next

Return to ECL IDE