Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:53 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Topics specific to the use of the ECL IDE

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:18 am Change Time Zone

How to install ECI IDE on Amazon AWS or on UBUNTU. I can not find Resources/Browse link as it is said in the site

Please help me.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:48 pm Change Time Zone

You don't install the IDE to the AWS cluster, you install it on your Windows computer and "point it" to the AWS cluster (the Server IP on the IDE's Preferences window).

Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:03 pm Change Time Zone

I have created Amazon account and I want to install HPCC systems there too. But I can not understand how can I install ECL IDE on ubuntu's HPCC or on Amazon AWS.

Installing the ECL IDE

The ECL IDE installs to your Windows workstation. Once you install it, you can use it for any cluster.

1. From the View Clusters page, click on the ESP link to launch the ECL Watch page for a cluster.
Take note of the IP address for the ESP server running ECL Watch, you will use it later.
2. Click on the Resources/Browse link in the left side menu.
3. Download and save (do not run from your browser) both ECL IDE Installer and Graph Control Installer.
Install both the ECL IDE and Graph Control. When installation is complete, launch the ECL IDE.
4. When you open the ECL IDE for the first time, supply the IP address of the ESP server. If this is not the first time,
you may edit the ESP server IP address by clicking the Preferences button on the Login dialog.
5. Login using HPCCDemo as the username and password.

I am following this instruction. But I do not understand how to download ECL IDE installer and Graph Control installer.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:39 pm Change Time Zone

You can download the IDE from: ... ls/ecl-ide

You can download the Graph control from: ... ph-control

Return to ECL IDE