Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:55 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

ECL IDE and git repositories

Topics specific to the use of the ECL IDE

Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:45 pm Change Time Zone

I am working to transfer our source code from MySQL to a GIT repository. I am looking at both the ECL IDE and Eclipse plugin. Our developer community is still very much using the ECL IDE - what I need information on is working with our source code in a git repository within the ECL IDE.

Is that possible and who has information on how to set that up. I have the code our of MySQL (mysql2git) - and have created our repository on gitlab (intrasource.lexisnexis.com) - and have a local and remote repository. But - I am not seeing how to work with this source code within the ECL IDE (I have a similar but different concern with the Eclipse plugin - will be posting in that forum shortly).
clanderson

Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:26 pm Change Time Zone

If you look in the ECL IDE Preferences, in the Compiler tab you will see the option to add additional ECL folders.

So with regards to Git Hub, you simply need to add your local repository folder to your list of ECL folders. You will then be able to see and work with the ECL code in your repository. The changes can then be sent back to the shared repository using a commit and then a pull request.

Regards,

Bob
bforeman
Community Advisory Board Member

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:28 pm Change Time Zone

Further - if you install TortoiseGIT (a windows shell extension) - you will get git context menu items on the root folders in the IDE.
gsmith

Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:22 am Change Time Zone

Hi Smith,

I have installed TortoiseGit and context menu is displaying with repository not with IDE.
Can you help to configure TG with ECL IDE?
nawazkhan

Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:55 am Change Time Zone

Hi Smith,

I have installed tortoise git and can see the context menu only with repository folder instead of IDE. Can you help me to configure with ide?
nawazkhan

Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:28 pm Change Time Zone

In the IDE you should now get the same context menu when you right click on a "root / blue" folder (see attached img)
Attachments
ECL_IDE_GIT.JPG
ECL_IDE_GIT.JPG (64.34 KiB) Viewed 996 times
gsmith

Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:45 pm Change Time Zone

You also must CLONE a folder from the remote GIT repo to a local folder first, and then add that folder to the ECL IDE Preferences window.

Regards,

Bob
bforeman

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:44 am Change Time Zone

Thanks smith and Bob.

I have done the cloning and mapped the folder path under ECL Folders in Preference.

But still I can get the context menu (same as you attached) only with repository folder, not inside ECL IDE.

Do i need to map the path anywhere in IDE?
nawazkhan

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:44 pm Change Time Zone

For me, it was a four step process.

1) Installed Tortoise GIT
2) Installed GIT for Windows (not sure if this was necessary, but it satisfied an issue in Tortoise GIT to help locate the git.exe)
3) Cloned the folder that I had planned to attach to the ECL IDE, using the Git Clone option on the Windows Explorer context menu.
4) Added the cloned folder via the ECL IDE Preferences ECL Folders option.

I am using version 6.0.6-1 of the ECL IDE.

Bob
bforeman

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:46 pm Change Time Zone

thanks bob,

I am using ECL 5.0.2. Will that be issue?
nawazkhan

Next

Return to ECL IDE