Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:17 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Published Job Name

Topics specific to the use of the ECL IDE

Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:08 pm Change Time Zone

After compiling a query and viewing the Workunit Details in the IDE, you have the opportunity to publish the query with a button. The Jobname field is prepopulated and is based on the name of the file you just compiled. Is there a way to dynamically set that Jobname value? I've seen #WORKUNIT (with the 'name' option) but that doesn't do what I want.

Thanks!

Dan
DSC
Community Advisory Board Member

Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:01 pm Change Time Zone

Dan,

Is there a way to dynamically set that Jobname value?
In the 3.6 environment I can was able to edit the Jobname content before I hit Publish. I was able to name my query "Fred" quite nicely. :)

As far as "dynamically" goes -- that sounds like you want to automate your query publishing somehow and specify how the default Jobname value is populated. I don't think that's possible (other than using a nice naming convention for the queries that you want to publish), and from what I've seen around here I can't envision a scenario where we would want to do that -- publishing queries is a very programmer-hands-and-eyes-on type of process.

So my question back to you is -- what are you trying to accomplish?

Richard
rtaylor

Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:36 pm Change Time Zone

Ah, well. My poor choice of phrasing earlier was undoubtedly due to low caffeine intake. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

What I meant to talk about was programmatically determining the string that would appear in that Job Name field. 'Programatically' should be 'determine at compile time' or something along those lines. That #WORKUNIT directive seemed promising, as would a C-style #define or something similar.
DSC

Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:59 pm Change Time Zone

Dan,

What I meant to talk about was programmatically determining the string that would appear in that Job Name field. 'Programatically' should be 'determine at compile time' or something along those lines.
AH! In that case the answer is, "Yes, there is -- using an appropriate naming convention for the EXPORT definition names of the queries that you want to publish." :D

HTH,

Richard
rtaylor

Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:47 pm Change Time Zone

Actually #workunit('name', 'myname') is supposed to do what you wanted, and in fact the workunit very briefly has the job name you wanted.

Then the ide or the services behind it actually change the name after.

We should consider changing that.

I'll open a github issue for discussion.

Tony
anthony.fishbeck@lexisnexis.com

Return to ECL IDE