Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:08 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Code versioning via command line

Topics specific to the use of the ECL IDE

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:56 am Change Time Zone

Hello,

ECL IDE allows for code versioning of queries in the repository, which is nice when working with MS Windows. Is it possible to get those same code versioning functionalities with command line tools (for those not working mainly on Windows) ?

Thanks, Thierry.
tdelbecque

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:44 am Change Time Zone

What tools do you currently use to edit ECL within the repository?
gsmith

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:53 am Change Time Zone

My daily working environment is unix and I submit my queries to my Thor cluster via eclplus.

Now I need to integrate my development in a repository. I do that with ECLIDE, but then keeping my sources synchronized between my windows machine and my unix environment is not so seamless. This is why I have this question about code versioning with the command line, so that I would be able to use only the one working env.

thanks,

Thierry.
tdelbecque

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:20 am Change Time Zone

Ok, just to clarify (more for others who may be reading this):
You are using a version of HPCC-Platform that still uses the integrated remote repository (which is not available in the OSS version, as it uses local ECL files and traditional source control systems).

1. There used to be a command line tool (similar to eclplus) as part of the platform build which allowed import/export of attributes (but I am not sure if it supported the version feature).
2. You could run ECLIDE under wine (see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=81 make sure you read page 2 as well).
3. You could use AMT to import/export attributes (but again it is a windows application).
4. You can roll your own tools using the SOAP interface (Look at http://IP_OF_YOUR_ESP_SERVER:8145/WsAttributes/)
gsmith

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:42 am Change Time Zone

Thanks for these points. I will look at the fourth. I tried ECLIDE with wine, but the experience was bad, and I gave up.

Thierry.
tdelbecque

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:28 am Change Time Zone

tdelbecque wrote:Thanks for these points. I will look at the fourth.

If you are going down that route (and if you happen to be an elipse/java person), you may want to look at: https://github.com/hpcc-systems/EclipsePlugin

It deliberately does not officially support the remote repository (but does include the SOAP stubs for it and also contains a very simple "Import From Repository" Wizard).
gsmith

Return to ECL IDE