Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:08 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Please Note: The HPCC Systems forums are moving to Stack Overflow. We invite you to post your questions on Stack Overflow utilizing the tag hpcc-ecl (https://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=hpcc-ecl). This legacy forum will be active and monitored during our transition to Stack Overflow but will become read only beginning September 1, 2022.

ECLPlus Query

Topics specific to the use of the ECL IDE

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:01 pm Change Time Zone

Hello
We have ECL code to spray file like this:
Code: Select all
IMPORT Std;

SprayCSVFile_withContent :=STD.File.fSprayVariable('10.101.2.171','/var/lib/HPCCSystems/mydropzone/ClientWebCrawlData_withFileContent.csv',
'mythor','~Sapphire::data::csvFile::withContent',,'http://10.101.2.170:8010/FileSpray',
,TRUE,TRUE,FALSE);

output(SprayCSVFile_withContent);

and ECLPlus code to invoke this file:
Code: Select all
eclplus owner=root password=newuser_123 cluster=thor server=10.101.2.170 @/usr/share/dumphere/hpcc/SprayCSVFile_withContent.ecl

file is getting sprayed.
But now i want remove the hardcoded name of file in ECL code and want to pass the name of file through ECLPlus code as parameter.

1.How to achieve this??
2.What changes has to be done in the ECL code to substitute file name as variable name.
(currently code has file name: ClientWebCrawlData_withFileContent.csv) ??
3.Is there any way other than ECLPlus to achieve??
4.Multiple parameters as arguments can be passed through ECLPlus??
prachi

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:43 pm Change Time Zone

I have a dumb question...have you considered using the DFUPlus command line to spray instead of the ECLPlus? ...and also the ECL Command line will soon supercede the ECLplus command line.

DFUPlus was designed to spray and despray via the command line as needed.

Regardless, I've asked development to look at your issue the way you are trying to implement it.

Regards,

Bob
bforeman
Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Return to ECL IDE