Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:14 am
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Issue with updatePath() from eclglobalvariables

Questions and comments related to the Pentaho Kettle and Spoon plugins

Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:34 pm Change Time Zone

JDK: 7
Pentaho/kettle: (I think) 5.2.0.0
Windows 7 64-bit

I cloned the HPCCPentahoPlugin from git. I had to make one change. The items from codehaus have moved to https://repository.mulesoft.org/nexus/c ... ies/public. I built via the command line; ran the one-time command then the main build command. Built the base package and extracted it into the plugins directory in my pentaho/kettle project.

The issue is when I open an existing ECLGlobalVariable job and click on "OK" I get a null pointer exception.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.hpccsystems.pentaho.job.eclglobalvariables.ECLGlobalVariablesDialog.updatePaths(ECLGlobalVariablesDialog.java:455)

The includeML combo variable is null at the point in updatePaths() that it is checked.

If I switch back to the downloaded plugin from your site it works fine.

I am at a loss. :-)

Thanks for any help...
jennifer.hughes@lnssi.com

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:35 pm Change Time Zone

Thank you for your question. The team is currently researching the issue.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:26 pm Change Time Zone

We have scaled back support for these plugins and focused development on a ground up ETL tool. It appears that Pentaho no longer supports the 4.2.0-GA Libs that the MVN scripts point to.

I will try to block out some time in the next few weeks to finalize a branch with changes needed to run it against Kettle 5.2.

The changes will be posted here:
https://github.com/hpcc-systems/spoon-p ... al-release

If you are internal to the company reach out to us about DSP which will eventually replace most of the ELT type tools we are using.
joe.chambers

Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:18 am Change Time Zone

It might be worth considering that many (most?) Pentaho users would want to be able to call other platforms/interfaces from the same workflows.

(Safe to assume DSP would not fill that need?)
jwilt

Return to Pentaho Kettle